system restore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
am suddenly swamped in pop ups and my system restore has stopped working, any good pop up blockers out there

thanks

Chances are you have got a popup server on the system try running adaware
and see what you get.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

If you move over to mozilla or opera for your web browser you can opt to block adds :)

also look into using spywareguard and spywareblaster to help stop the stuff getting on in the first place :)

Sp!ke said:
Once done. install the google toolbar which has a popup blocker or better still, give up using I.E. and use Firefox or something.

Hi Sp!ke,
How good is Firefox for an individual user who is pretty thick and only ever used Internet Explorer. (Once had Netscape version 3)

Regards,
John

thanks guys
used the MS cleaner and worked a treat, found loads, s'posed to be firewalled through a router, so obviously that works a treat, will try the ms one.

thanks for the tips

glojo said:
Hi Sp!ke,
How good is Firefox for an individual user who is pretty thick and only ever used Internet Explorer. (Once had Netscape version 3)

Regards,
John

Interface wise, Firefox is fine. The only real trouble I have had with it is banking sites (Most stuff is written for IE only)So I use firefox or opera for browsing and then reserve IE for "trusted" sites like banks etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom