Sytner Audi Reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I run my own graphic design thing on the side but as it's web based, I can't pull pranks on people over the internet :eek:

The above I've done across many roles and jobs, mainly construction. Perhaps in that industry everyone is used to the pranks. Never had a complaint or a tear, plenty of pranks pulled on myself when I was a 'greenhorn'

I've worked in Construction all my life but Ive never know bullying as you describe.

geraldrobins said:
I've worked in Construction all my life but Ive never know bullying as you describe.

Never bullied anyone once. Bullying is when it's not fun anymore, and they take it personal. Never happened, never will

Good friend of mine was apprenticed at the local abattoir. When he qualified he was dunked, head-first into the rear end of a freshly killed bull, still beating apparently. He saw it for what it was and that certainly wasn't bullying.

whitenemesis said:
Good friend of mine was apprenticed at the local abattoir. When he qualified he was dunked, head-first into the rear end of a freshly killed bull, still beating apparently. He saw it for what it was and that certainly wasn't bullying.

That is extreme, I'd be worried he'd of got pink-eye! :D

If any of the guys who work for me were up to that sort of stuff they would be down the road.

Got to be honest, I worked on building sites from leaving school until my late twenties and I never encountered any sort of bullying of apprentices (or anyone) and if there had been any shenanigans I'd have stuck my beak in and stuck up for them.

We just used to rip the piss out of each other, a few nearly came to blows because how close to the bone some were mind, but none of this physical japery.

I worked in garages from 1970 until 1982 and I plead guilty.
One that comes to mind was getting some lip from a particularly cheeky apprentice.
I grabbed him and gave him a hickey on the neck.
He had a first date that night.

Reminds me of a time when we were working upstairs in a house. Heard plumber asking his apprentice to 'go upstairs and get a handful of clout nails off the plasterer'

"Go on, he won't bite!" We heard him say

The plumbers apprentice walks slowly up the stairs, I bite him on the back of the neck:

"He just bit me!!!!" Cry's the apprentice. :D

Darrell said:
If any of the guys who work for me were up to that sort of stuff they would be down the road.

Staff parties must be a hoot

I once paid a visit to the site Portaloo and the fork lift driver deposited a pack of concrete blocks against the door! Shame it was in the day before mobile phones as I'd have been quite happy surfing tinternet for a few hours.

ash59fifty-uk said:
Staff parties must be a hoot
They are the nuts. Loads of banter, belly laughs, shaggy dog stories and beer. Normally ends up in Spearmint Rhino's. One lash up ended with 3 of us on a plane to Bucherest for the weekend to hunt down a labourer that got deported!!
My wife did wonder where I was!!

Last edited:
I'm all for a bit of banter, a chuckle and the odd practical joke but there are always lines. This terrible situation is way over that line.

The poor kid must have felt so isolated and alone with seemingly no answer to his clear cries for help from his parents or from work. Such childish and abhorrent behaviour should be severely punished.

How massively out of wack has someone got to be to think that pouring flammable liquids over someone is not wrong or not over stepping that line?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That sounds very much like BULL-ying to me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom