T V Quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moneyman

Car
CLS 320 CDI
When we purchased our car in November the previous owner had specified the TV Tuner option. Could any body advise their experiences of the quality of the picture that is received. On our car this varies from average to very poor.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve,

The picture isn't great unless you park in the exact right place, and rubbish when moving. Adding digital tuner helps with picture quality, but you either get a picture or nothing at all with that.

However, aerial amps and things can fail, and the merc dealer can check the 4 indiividiual signal strengths (etc) with Star diagnosis to see if any areal amps have failed.

R

Steve,

The picture isn't great unless you park in the exact right place, and rubbish when moving. Adding digital tuner helps with picture quality, but you either get a picture or nothing at all with that.

However, aerial amps and things can fail, and the merc dealer can check the 4 indiividiual signal strengths (etc) with Star diagnosis to see if any areal amps have failed.

R

Could also flash the TV unit to the most recent firmware and see if that helps.

Steve,

R

A decent diversity (dual antenna) solution can help digital reception a lot, though I don't know what is available on the market - its just an area I happen to do a lot of hw/sw development work. New ('coming soon') standards such as DVB-H, as well allowing lower data rates for TV on phones etc, also have better coding methods which are aimed at mobile environments and issues.

Thanks for your input. The car is going in for a service on the 10/3 so I'll ask them to check it.

I hope that it is covered under warrenty if anything is wrong. Car is just 2 yrs old

I have an analogue tuner in my E320. When stationary with good reception the picture is perfect.

On the move or in poor reception areas it can very poor and occassionaly not work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom