T1 307d lost 1st gear. Parts advice. gear link/selector rod bush and clip perished.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petey300dLWB

Car
T1 307d 2.4 om616
Hi there
I am wondering if anyone can help me source parts:
I have a T1 motorhome import, 307d 1979 2.4 OM616.934(i think) with a 4 speed box.
I recently lost 1st gear on a busy hill which was rather hairy. Managed to roll her back onto the embankment and got underneath to discover one of the gear link/selector rods had broken free, it appears the bush and clip that hold the rod in place have perished. I managed to bodge it with a hair clip to get me home but it wont last.
I've spent days on the net trying to find these parts but all searches come up blank. One chap on ebay has bushes for other mercs of that era but it does not show an exact vehicle match and besides that it doesn't come with a clip.
If anyone can recommend a good resource for parts or anywhere I can find a parts number list for my van I would be extremely grateful.
I should also say that I'm no mechanic but like to have a go where possible.
Cheers, Pete:thumb:

Thanks Carat get a whole set of bushes and clips plus clutch res cap for £30 delivered. I've always been anti main dealer by default but it seems certain things are much cheaper!

For 'commercial vehicles' M-B parts from a dealer are normally pretty cheap. Always check there first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom