T202 Lights switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickmann

Car
Porsche 911
Hi all,

On my dashboard the only thing that doesn't light up is the light switch. It clearly has power to it as it lights up orange when the fogs are on, but in normal use it is not backlit.

Have I got a blown bulb, or as MB in it's infinite wisdom decided that the one switch I am guaranteed to need in the dark is not lit. It seems odd to have to put on the interior light to find the switch to turn the headlights off. :confused:

Ta.

nickmann said:
Hi all,

MB in it's infinite wisdom decided that the one switch I am guaranteed to need in the dark is not lit.
Ta.

Hit the nail right on,
I think its something to do with reflections in the drivers window been distracting.
Or so they say.

Its a feature. And a bit of an irritating one, I agree.

I think somebody is still trying to find a modification to correct this feature. Shude ? ;)

S.

Philirv said:
same for my W124.
but my friend's 300CE-24 has an illuminated dial, maybe it's a pre-facelift thing.

My clk light switch knob is lit. My 124 coupe was also lit. I think we found that some are and some are not!

nope, my 124's post facelift but still not illuminated, other than foglight red lamp.

Complete dash light went out a couple of weeks ago. I thought that rheostat controller had failed, instead it turned out to be a burnt fuse, which also controlled front and rear RHS running lights

Shude said:
but my friend's 300CE-24 has an illuminated dial, maybe it's a pre-facelift thing.
Philirv said:
nope, my 124's post facelift but still not illuminated, other than foglight red lamp.
So Bloodmoon's pre-facelift 124 has an illuminated dial, your post-facelift 124 doesn't? Like I said, it might be a pre-facelift thing! :)
w124 owners! speak up!

My W202 doesn't have an illuminated light switch apart from the orange bulb for the rear fog light tell tale. If you look carefully you will see that all the symbols around the circular light switch dial are actually painted onto the black plastic.

Shude said:
So Bloodmoon's pre-facelift 124 has an illuminated dial, your post-facelift 124 doesn't? Like I said, it might be a pre-facelift thing! :)
w124 owners! speak up!
My dad's 1987 pre-facelift W124 has a fully illuminated headlamp switch, it's all backlit. The other features his car has that I wish I had on mine...

1. Small centre sun visor to cover the gap behind the rear view mirror...I just get a shaded area bonded to my windscreen.

2. Reading lamps on the rear 'C' pillars. My car just gets a single lamp in the centre of the rear headlining.

3. Economy gauge (swing-o-meter) and oil pressure gauge.

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
2. Reading lamps on the rear 'C' pillars. My car just gets a single lamp in the centre of the rear headlining.

S.

"SHUDE" we need you :D

Steve_Perry said:
C'mon Steve - just get the Sat Nav. Then your rear seat passengers wont need to read maps & direct you :D ;)

S.

All W124s have illuminated headlight switch dials (unless the bulb is blown)...

Non of the 202s have illuminated headlight switch dials - which isn't the ONLY illumination flaw in the 202...the ventilation controls aren't illuminated either (they are in the 124 and in some 203s) and even a bigger problem - the power adjusteable seat controls aren't illuminated either - and that sucks.

greetingz,

My W124 had an illuminated light switch, but the bulb has blown. As has the centre vent light. MORE EXPENSE !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom