Tablet Wifi.. Any help ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny DeVito

Car
V220 CDI
My daughter has a Gemini 7020 simple tablet. Quite often it disconnects from wifi. After this i have to re enter pass phrase and it tries to authenticate which often doesn't happen. WPS works a little better but not always. Signal goes from full to poor througout connection even though i am beside router. Any help appreciated thanks

Last edited:
Is this the only device that behaves like this ? If yes ? Then that maybe the answer. You could try the usual suspects. Relocate the router. Change the router channel.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

My son has the same one it seems to behave itself 90% of the time. I cant understand why it needs to re authenticate instead of just reconnecting

Have you tried deleting the cached profile and recreating it?

i use 'forget' connection. then re enter the number

What speed wireless does your tablet support compared to your router?

I'm wondering if there is a mismatch here.

Had same probs with my Hudl. Tesco insisted it was because Hudl has poor wifi(what a pile of bull). I insisted it was faulty and forced for a replacement
No probs with new Hudl
OP needs to try as last resort a hard reset -if not work then faulty

I have a Nexus 10 which is awesome. I bought my wife a tablet from Argos and it did not like the wifi signal in the house, the range was awful... So i bought a repeater.. it didn't help.

In the end I downloaded an app that "fixes wifi issues" and to my amazement it worked!

I think it was a free app but for the life of me I cannot recall the name, but in effect it deletes and replaces the device drivers on the tablet and resolves connection dropouts and range issues..

What speed wireless does your tablet support compared to your router?

I'm wondering if there is a mismatch here.

I looked at spec and on manufacturers page it shows specs. one is b+g the other shows b+g+n . The router is set for all. While i was looking through router settings i saw an option to create more access points. I set a new one with more or less the same settings. The tablet connected straightaway now i just need to wait a bit and see how it goes. I find that the user has very little control over what the tablet does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom