Tactical Contact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An innocent rider would stop and not need to be rammed.
Especially if they know (and they will) that failure to stop will result in “tactical contact”.

The problem is that moped thieves who grab mobiles and threaten people with knives know if they’re on a moped/motorbike they won’t get chased.

By knowing it’s a lot more likely they’ll get taken out you can hope it deters a percentage of these types.

I would hope the police will receive specific training for this kind of situation to minimise injuries and pick the timing correctly.

That said, if one of these little turds breaks some bones I won’t be losing sleep.

Killed? Death by being a scrote really. If you’re innocent you’d stop. I’m not saying anyone deserves to be killed but we could say the same of many people who lose their lives.

Reactions: 219
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alicante, 2006

As Mr Punch would say ....

I'm all for this, and i'd reverse back over them... utter scum.... and hope they and their probably very similar parents get a severe beating... its always the same type of people... I've seen them many times in London and only wish i didn't have an old Landrover that i could bury them into a wall with....

Nice to see Diane Abbott supporting the Police efforts.....not!

He'd spent 6 months on remand - equivalent to being sentenced to 12 months in prison.
He was held on remand which suggests that he was either considered a risk to the public, or a flight risk - more likely the former.

In addition, the police and CPS do not usually keep suspects on remand unless a custodial sentence is the likely outcome in case of conviction.

So the lenient sentence seems to come as a stark contrast to what almost everyone, including the public, expected.

He was held on remand which suggests that he was either considered a risk to the public, or a flight risk - more likely the former.

In addition, the police and CPS do not usually keep suspects on remand unless a custodial sentence is the likely outcome in case of conviction.

So the lenient sentence seems to come as a stark contrast to what almost everyone, including the public, expected.

Lots of people spend time on remand before being acquitted or avoiding a prison sentence. However, had he been sentenced to 12 months in prison he would have been out in 6 months which is the same length of time that he spent on remand and he still has the other components of his sentence to serve.

But yes, the sentence does seem lenient and, based not least on his previous record, I would bet a considerable sum that it won't be the last time he's in court for something or other.

For reasons other than public safety ????
Probably.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom