Tail light water s212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

Hi again,
Re- 2010 E250 Estate WDD2122032A296207.
After a good wash it appears there are droplets in the reverse light part and drops accumulated at the base of my right side tail light. (The main part thst curves with the quarter panel, not the tailgate part.)
What are the obvious possibilities or the apparent probabilities so that I might fix it? Your guesstimations or links would be gratefully received.
Thankles,
D.

Drops of water at the base of the light shouldnt of any consequence so long as it is outside. Water inside the light is likely to be due to a failed seal around the outside of the lens. Probably best to remove the light to check the seal.

Drops of water at the base of the light shouldnt of any consequence so long as it is outside. Water inside the light is likely to be due to a failed seal around the outside of the lens. Probably best to remove the light to check the seal.
I'll take it out and re-seal. What is best? I love the soft sealer that stays soft forever but would some body sealer that hardens be better?
Thanks for the reply,
D

Soft selant woul be better for this as it would be easier to seperate later if you ever need to. A roll of self adhesive butyl sealant would probably be as good as anything, ideally the type that is sticky on one side. You would probably have to trim it to size as most of the butyl tape sold is usually about 1 cm wide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom