tail lights u/s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
hi I kept getting a l/h side light error message flag up but when I looked the lights was ok. SO tonight it done it again so I had a look and found that the grey/blue and black/red wires had come out of there connectors (rear cluster and wiring was replaced by MB some time ago) so I got the connectors out and reconnected the cable back into the connectors. But now I have no rear fog lamp on the left and no side marker and the same on the right . I have looked for a fuse diagram but cant find one, could someone point me in the right direction of one please also can I just make sure I got the two cables the in the right slots mine goes Brown, black/white, black/blue, green/blue ,black/red, orange then grey/blue

Thanks

Paul

well this is strange locked it all up and gave up, had a cup of tea and thought 'I will have one more look ' now I have done nothing since I locked it up , started it and all the lights work apart from one reversing light (bulb blown)
so are these lights protected by the SAM unit in the rear and it just needed a rest ??

They are covered by the SAM I had a lot of erratic behaving rear and brake lights. Turned out to be a defective SAM which was replaced solving the problem. You say that you had a rear left fog lamp. I thought it was a Mercedes thing only to have the right and no one has ever been able to give me an explanation. There doesn't even seem to be a way of switching them over which would make it both illegal and dangerous on the continent.

The reason is that it could mask the brakes when they are applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom