Tailgate and Driver Window issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mosman40

Car
ML350 W166
Hi,

Hope someone can help. This morning I tried to unlock my ML but it was completely dead no power. I phoned AA and they came out and jump started the car. Not sure why the battery had died as I used the car yesterday and everything was fine.

Anyway since the jump start, my driver window would not open. I played around with it a few time and some times it opens but does close and then when it closes it doesn't open. Also strange thing is the switch has reversed. If I pull the switch up it open and I push down it closes, while the rest of the window work fine and in correct order.

Also my tailgate won't power lift or close since the jump start. It locks and unlocks but I have to pull it up manually and close it manually. When I press the tailgate, I can hear the beeping but no movement of the tailgate. Another issue I noticed as well before the jump start, if I lock my car with the remote and hold the lock for a few seconds it closes the windows and same if I unlock it opens the windows, however since the jump start, this function doesn't work any more.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I don't want to take to the dealers as it will cost a lot unless I have no other choice.

Car is ML350 ( W166 ) model.

Thanks

Managed to fix the problem. For driver door. I unplugged the module and plugged it back again and this seems to have fixed the problem.

The tailgate unfortunately the same did not work so I have ordered the lift control module and once it arrives will change it and see if this helps.

Will keep you updated.

Also bought the Icarsoft MB v2 and works great. I have also bought the repair manual for ML W166. Very detailed and helped me get to the control module for the liftgate.

Fixed the tailgate. It wasn't the module that had gone wrong but rather the strut for the liftgate. The strut has a sensor inside and this has gone wrong. I replaced the strut and all works fine. Strut is very easy to remove, the job took me 15 mins. The strut costed me £150 brand new from Ebay. Dealer wanted double that just for the part. Dealer would have charged me £130 for diagnostics and another £130 for hour labor plus parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom