Tailgate closing from key?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fourspoons

Car
C350e Estate
Hi everyone

Recently got a new C350e estate, just wondering if anyone else is able to close the tailgate from the key? The manual clearly states it is supposed to, but no amount of pressing or holding the button will do anything.... Opening from the key is working just fine...

Thanks
Chris

Hi everyone

Recently got a new C350e estate, just wondering if anyone else is able to close the tailgate from the key? The manual clearly states it is supposed to, but no amount of pressing or holding the button will do anything.... Opening from the key is working just fine...

Thanks
Chris

I believe it needs to have the keyless entry option to close the tailgate using the key.

Could be wrong?

OK thanks, well that I can believe although the manual doesn't say anything else is required and the details of closing the tailgate with the key are not in the 'keyless go' section....

Pretty sure it's an optional extra and called closing aid assist , after reading agin that it's the estate , it could be a fault as the tail gate on my old GL wasn't keyless go and worked Bt keeping my finger on the button for a few seconds ,,,

Last edited:
I have the keyless hands free entry on the GLC and I can both open and close the tailgate with the key. Plus the excellent swipe of the foot under the bumper.

I have an 2015 E class without Keyless (close enough?) and that has button operated tailgate. You just hold it a few seconds on the third button. Can't say I use it massively.

Hi everyone

Thanks
Chris

As others have said, you need either the premium or premium plus package with keyless

July 2014 E300 Hybrid

Mine opens from the button, it requires a prolonged hold to operate it and you will hear some bongs as a warning to anyone nearby.

I have the keyless hands free entry on the GLC and I can both open and close the tailgate with the key. Plus the excellent swipe of the foot under the bumper.

Out-of interest as mine will also have this, does that still work even when the underside is caked in road crap associated with the recent weather?

James

RE E-Class with Keyless

1. I can open and close the boot using the "foot swipe".
2. I can open the boot using button on fob, but not close the boot using fob. I have to use either foot swipe, or button on boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom