Tailgate Open/Close Button on Drivers Door Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LardLover

Car
CLA45 AMG SB
Hi, new here, and new owner of a used CLA45 AMG SB.

The button on the drivers door that operates the tailgate isn't working, or I can't get it to work.

Any solutions or instructions or ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I've had the option to open the back end from the driver's entryway on the button, yet can't close it. I've checked and there is no setting for that. Is this fixable?

Kodi nox

As to opening, have you got it in gear i don't think it will open in gear, also give it a second its electric.
As for it not closing it when pushing it on drivers door, i think thats an extra option for it to close, i may be wrong.
have a look through tip and tricks on mercedes on youtube.

The "option" to close as well as open the tailgate via the switch in the driver's door pocket is just a slightly different switch that rocks both ways.
You will probably find that your existing switch will pull out but not push in. Change it for the two way switch and Robert is your mother's brother.
Unfortunately you have to remove the entire door card to get the switch out though 😔

Bit of an update!

So the button on the drivers door will close the tailgate, but it won't open it.
The button has a two-way arrow on it which I presume is open and close?

As mentioned, tried to open tail gate with the key in position 1, position 2, ticking over in Park and Park brake applied. Nothing.

The car is booked in to be looked at next week (under warranty thankfully!).

Faulty button?

Thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom