Tailgate S212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Makes me feel better!

And reminds me that I’m sure I learned about the glove box aircon vent from you too. These cars have lots of surprises.

........in my 211, deep London granite curbs weren't an issue as the tyrewall would kiss them before the rim. Not so in my 212. Reversing into a tight spot could be quite a stressful and/or expensive process if I got it wrong.

I was at least two years into ownership when I accidentally discovered that if I set the door mirror adjuster to the LH position then the passenger door mirror would automatically drop when I selected reverse and I could see the offending curb and save my alloys.

For a long long time I wondered why it only worked very intermittently. Used to drive me nuts. Oh well.

........in my 211, deep London granite curbs weren't an issue as the tyrewall would kiss them before the rim. Not so in my 212. Reversing into a tight spot could be quite a stressful and/or expensive process if I got it wrong.

I was at least two years into ownership when I accidentally discovered that if I set the door mirror adjuster to the LH position then the passenger door mirror would automatically drop when I selected reverse and I could see the offending curb and save my alloys.

For a long long time I wondered why it only worked very intermittently. Used to drive me nuts. Oh well.
Yes, same for me! That front left alloy is now in poor condition and needs a refurb, but I’m afraid to get it done as I’m sure Murphy’s Law states that I’ll only kerb the clean alloy as soon as it’s renewed...

Yes, same for me! That front left alloy is now in poor condition and needs a refurb, but I’m afraid to get it done as I’m sure Murphy’s Law states that I’ll only kerb the clean alloy as soon as it’s renewed...

Now I've had my wheels refurbed I used the dipping function every single time without fail. Four months in and zero marks. Before that, the noise of lightly ground metal from one of the nearside wheels was a depressingly frequent occurrence.

Now I've had my wheels refurbed I used the dipping function every single time without fail. Four months in and zero marks. Before that, the noise of lightly ground metal from one of the nearside wheels was a depressingly frequent occurrence.

Precisely 24 hours after writing this I came across a badly-placed van trying to turn right at a busy junction. If only had been a foot or two further over and/or further forward I'd have ben able pass by no problem. I sat and waited for a while. Then a while longer. Then some more. Then I finally decided to squeeze through the narrow gap that he'd left. Looked do-able. Cue the graunch of my n/s front wheel against the curb.

Bugger!

Precisely 24 hours after writing this I came across a badly-placed van trying to turn right at a busy junction. If only had been a foot or two further over and/or further forward I'd have ben able pass by no problem. I sat and waited for a while. Then a while longer. Then some more. Then I finally decided to squeeze through the narrow gap that he'd left. Looked do-able. Cue the graunch of my n/s front wheel against the curb.

Bugger!
Oh no! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom