tailgate troubles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

melter24

Car
mercedes e 320 estate ml 320 cdi
Hi again can anyone help this time i have a ml 320 cdi 07 year and the tailgate lach started to play up so i removed it and am waiting for the new one but now the power lift and close doesent work i have checked all the fuses and they are ok the button on the drivers door is lit up but nothing happens when i press any of the controls for the tailgate any help would be appreciated

Hi again can anyone help this time i have a ml 320 cdi 07 year and the tailgate lach started to play up so i removed it and am waiting for the new one but now the power lift and close doesent work i have checked all the fuses and they are ok the button on the drivers door is lit up but nothing happens when i press any of the controls for the tailgate any help would be appreciated
What were the symptoms before you removed the latch? Was it the latch you removed (metal mechanism) or plastic (release lever)?

door was not latching and yes i removed the latch the metal part with the release cable and wiring plug cheers
Mel

door was not latching and yes i removed the latch the metal part with the release cable and wiring plug cheers
Mel
I’m not sure but I suspect that the boot controls won’t work without the latch in place. Don’t force the boot down though as an expensive repair will get even more so! I had the latch replaced on mine and it was pricier than I thought it would be.

I’m not sure but I suspect that the boot controls won’t work without the latch in place. Don’t force the boot down though as an expensive repair will get even more so! I had the latch replaced on mine and it was pricier than I thought it would be.
thanks i have removed the latch and am awaiting the new one i had to close the hatch manually and fasten it closed with a bungee strap for now i hope the controls work when i get the new lock fitted
cheers Mel

i just hope someone on here can tell me weather the open and close buttons are supposed to work when the lock is removed but i dont have much hope as i have never got any help before well i,ll see

Mel
i just hope someone on here can tell me weather the open and close buttons are supposed to work when the lock is removed but i dont have much hope as i have never got any help before well i,ll see
Mel, sorry I’m not sure about the buttons because the main dealer replaced mine. I wouldn’t be surprised if the buttons Donny work when the latch is removed though.

Mel

Mel, sorry I’m not sure about the buttons because the main dealer replaced mine. I wouldn’t be surprised if the buttons Donny work when the latch is removed though.
lets hope someone can help but i,ve never got help in the past so i,ll see

bump

any body

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom