Tailored 'Novline' Rubber Mats - anyone tried these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Anyone tried these?

I need some rubber mats as I live rurally and while I manage not to get my side dirty, any passengers feel the need to wade through the grass and crap around here before getting in my car. Instead of getting worked up about it, I wanted to just get proper mats as my generic rubber mats (on top of the normal ‘AMG’ labelled carpets) aren't very fitted and look a bit crap (attached)

These are tailored, and also have a 'lip' incase of spills:

Mercedes E Class W212/S212 Saloon/Estate 09-13 Full HD Rubber Mat Set Tailored | eBay

Anyone used them?

Yeah, I know there are those 'Weathertech' mats but they cost £156... for some mats...

2017 Mercedes-Benz B-Class | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeathertechEurope.com United Kingdom (UK)

Cheers!

Ed

E27A869F-53B2-4103-A277-B96E6E28276E.jpeg

Not tried them but they look a good bit of kit. Can probably send them back if they don't fit. I imagine they're fairly decent

Ahhhhhhh from the pic it's those Halfords special mats, same crap design since 1992 (or maybe even 1892) I can't ever remember actually buying a set but they seem to magically appear in my garage. Must have binned at least 3 sets but they still keep appearing from somewhere .....

Perhaps it's that ghost from the other thread .....

Ahhhhhhh from the pic it's those Halfords special mats, same crap design since 1992 (or maybe even 1892) I can't ever remember actually buying a set but they seem to magically appear in my garage. Must have binned at least 3 sets but they still keep appearing from somewhere .....

Perhaps it's that ghost from the other thread .....

The ones I already have? They’re just crap ones that were given to me, which I’m looking to replace, was thinking of the eBay ones...

Cheers

Yep the ones you already have :)

Finally ordered these, there's an eBay offer so they were only £32, down from £40.

I read some Amazon reviews that said they were a bit thinner than you'd expect, but overall pretty good. Gotta be better than what I have now, eh!

Will reply again in a few days when they've arrived

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the driver's side fixings that are in the carpet, that the stock MB mat clips into?

It's these that I'd need to remove: Genuine Mercedes-Benz Front Floor Pan - Carpet Mat Clip A2116840023 NEW | eBay

These rubber mats that I bought need this to be removed, and there own ones put in place in the carpet.

I'm thinking of sending them back as I'm not in love with them, however there are NO real alternatives from what I can tell. Even Weathertech don't sell the W212 mats in the UK.

Cheers,

Ed

I'm not sure about the clip but these are the rubber mats I bought for my w212 saloon, seem to be pretty good quality so far
0ce785f9bf410794b963654febd71bc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cheers @BrummyPete - does the diver's side one on yours clip in to the mat clip 'things' in the carpet that are already there? Or does it just slide about?

Here are some pics of the Novline ones (well, actually it says Lement on them, but whatever...)

Front passenger fit is okay

Rear fit is a bit crap IMHO

Front driver's fit is okay, but the clipping issue is stupid

I'm actually not convinced that they're not for the 2013+ W212, as that's what it said on the paper that came with it, but the eBay woman is saying it's just an incorrect print out... mmmm.

Get what you pay for, eh?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    642.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    641.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hey TR, how did you get on with this in the end?

Having also recently acquired an E350 I seem to be following your posts/threads and ideas round. Very similar car, colour and wheels :cool:

I did look at the genuine Merc mats, but like the idea that the Novline ones also cover the driver's left foot rest for grim mucky winter.

A possibility with the Novline mats might be removing (butchering) off the clips, and a couple of strips of sticky backed Velcro underneath?
Cheers,

MrGreedy

Hey, we spoke already but I thought I'd post this here just in case anyone is thinking of getting them. Might take some pics later:

I want to say avoid getting them, but then I don't know what else to get and at the end of the day for £30 they have saved my car getting dirtier than it would. The driver's side one doesn't clip down - it comes with its own clips, and you (well, I) can't remove the old ones. I tried to get those driver's side floor 'nipple' clips off but couldn't, felt I was gonna break something and no one on the forum suggested how to remove them - maybe you have to remove the carpet?

So, it's not clipped in, so it slides about a little bit but because it has proper bits for the foot rest and stuff, it's really not moving a lot and I do not consider it to be dangerous. About once a week I probably pull it back and straighten it.

I found that it's best to use this mats without the OEM carpets in there, otherwise it's all a bit thick.

The front passenger side one is decent and works as expected. Occasionally needs pulling back as people tend to push it forward with their feet.

I initially thought that the rear ones were good too, and they have that bit that goes over the tunnel - but then I realised that the 'lip' on them covers up the rear foot vents under the front seats.

So I'm using some random Halfords ones in the rear that look OK and don't obstruct the vents.

I carry the rear ones in the boot, so if I go with some friends or family to somewhere really muddy, I can take them out and minimise the mud!

I also have a cover for the rear seats but that's mainly because I didn't buy an estate and occasionally need to carry stuff in the boot and don't want to scuff the leather.

Cheers!

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom