Take delivery or wait?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harvin1975

Car
E Class Estate W212; VW Golf
Hi,

Just been informed that my new car will be arriving on August 28th.

In a bit of dilemma now:
(a) Do I rush down to pick it up when it arrives and have the August bank holiday to enjoy it.
(b) Do I wait until September to collect - I'm assuming it then gets registered as a 2016 plate car.

What would you do?

For the sake of a week, I'd wait…August Bank Holiday=rain guaranteed.

You will have to specify September 1st delivery to make sure they don't run the paperwork as a matter of course.

For the sake of a week, I'd wait…August Bank Holiday=rain guaranteed.

You will have to specify September 1st delivery to make sure they don't run the paperwork as a matter of course.

I hope not, Van Morrison is playing (almost) in our back garden that day!

i'd agree- wait, get the new 65 registration (make sure ahead of time that's what they'll do) - it's only a few days

If it's arriving at the dealership on Aug 28th it would surely be a week approx. before it was prepped and ready for you to take anyway?

If it's arriving at the dealership on Aug 28th it would surely be a week approx. before it was prepped and ready for you to take anyway?

I didn't know that - I assumed they'd give it a little spit and wipe and it'd be ready.

Patience has never been a virtue of mine!

Ok - seems like the decision is to wait. I guess it's something to look forward to after the August bank holiday wash out :)

Make sure you tell them you want it on a 65 plate, as I bet they will be itching to register it beforehand.

You will kick yourself if you don't wait when you see the smiling faces of the 65 car drivers :)

You may well come under pressure from the dealer who will want your money in his tin before month end.

hi all,
My E class is aparently going to be ready mid August and I plan on collecting it as soon as I can. The sales guy did ask if I wanted to delay till the 1st of september.

These days with 2 plate changes what material difference does it make to the retail value whether its a 15 or 65 plate?

I did consider waiting, but then I thought and I know its not certain, but they might do a better job of the PDI an prep off peak. I can imagine lots will wait for the 1st and they will be super busy. More mistakes might be made.

Isn't it better to pick up at a time when they are less busy so they have more time to take their time with the prep and hand over?

thanks p

hi all,
My E class is aparently going to be ready mid August and I plan on collecting it as soon as I can. The sales guy did ask if I wanted to delay till the 1st of september.

These days with 2 plate changes what material difference does it make to the retail value whether its a 15 or 65 plate?

I did consider waiting, but then I thought and I know its not certain, but they might do a better job of the PDI an prep off peak. I can imagine lots will wait for the 1st and they will be super busy. More mistakes might be made.

Isn't it better to pick up at a time when they are less busy so they have more time to take their time with the prep and hand over?

thanks p

Yes it's a busy time but dealers are not going to cut corners, just simply deliver when ready.
It might make a difference to some buyers in the secondhand market as far as value is concerned, not so in the trade I suspect.

15 or 65 both 2015 registrations,only a 65 reg will be slightly less desirable if it is registered early 2016.

hi all,

You must be super excited!
What spec and options and colour did you go for?

I found it to be a lot quicker spec'ing the E-Class as opposed to the BMW 5 series. The fact they've bundled loads of stuff into packs made it easy. Still scarily easy to drop 000s at a click of a mouse though!

Just done my 100th post!!!
Appears I'm now a hardcore MB enthusiast now :)

Hi harvin1975

Thanks :) super excited, here you go and so true, I resisted the premium plus because I really didn't fancy the roof.

I am sad not to he Key less go and the upgraded speakers.

I was going for the saloon, but wanted the fold down seats and the airmatic on the back sounded good too, so as it was only an inch longer went for the estate :)

Too true about adding cost at the click of the mouse, like you I added an option post the deal been done and had to pay full price, but it was only the speed camera recognition so not so bad :) and I thought it would pay for its self if I don't get a ticket, one time I am not paying attention or the sign is obscured!
I think it reads map data too.

How about you?
counting down the days?

congrats on your new status :)

This is what I ordered in the end.

E220 BlueTEC SE - Estate aka S212
360° camera - P44
Multi-contour seat for driver - 405
Driving Assistance package - 23P
Speed Limit and Traffic Sign Assist - 513

149 polar white
218 crystal grey

Did you go for the driver assist pack in the end?

take care p

Hi P,

I got very carried away with the options!

Wanted the E Class estate as i've got 2 young children with scooters, bikes etc.

Went the amg night edition premium plus in hyacinth red.

Initially ordered the 350 diesel but as i only do around 5,000 miles per year decided that the 250 petrol was probably the more sensible choice. Would've snapped up a v6 if they were offering though!
Only wish i had a slightly more powerful engine.

As for options i went for
Airmatic - so air all round.
Drivers assistance pack (last minute decision as you know!)
360 camera
Privacy glass

Taken a bit of a risk as no 250 petrols locally for me to try.
Also, other than getting taken out in a S63 amg i've not experienced an e class with air all round. Mixed views on this - especially with owning one outside warranty - so another risk. But hopefully it'll be fine.

Bit of a change to a few months ago when i set out to buy a 2-3 year old A6 or e class estate. But i believe i got a good deal and now also the new car warranty to put my mind at rest.

Enjoy it when it arrives!

Multi-contour seat for driver - 405

Ah - seems you must've got one of the last available. I went for this option too but dealer came back to me and told me MB had withdrawn it as an option :(

my C Class is due into the dealers between the 4th and the 11th August, i will have been waiting nearly 6 months so another few weeks won't hurt i hope!!

my C Class is due into the dealers between the 4th and the 11th August, i will have been waiting nearly 6 months so another few weeks won't hurt i hope!!

Crikey - 6 months?! And i thought a 3-4 month wait was long!
I assume you're waiting for Sept reg then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom