Taken the D6 III Brabus plunge with my CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stig2082

Car
CLS 350 Shooting Brake and a cheeky TVR Chimera
After patiently waiting for the right chip to come up at the right price, have now installed the D6 III Brabus chip on my CLS. So far am very impressed by the effect it has had. It adds quite a bit of urgency to proceedings - the tourque wave seems to be accessible a bit earlier and is stronger. I haven't had a chance to take it on a longer run yet and really give it a work out, but for short acceleration opportunities tested so far it certainly delivers! I found a sensibly priced one on ebay which checked out, and had it installed by my local indie. Saved about £1000 on what Mercedes would have charged me - and my car is out of warranty, so not so important that they do it. Will report back further once tested more thoroughly!

After patiently waiting for the right chip to come up at the right price, have now installed the D6 III Brabus chip on my CLS. Will report back further once tested more thoroughly!

So.....did it blow up? ;)

Is going absolutely fine - touch wood!

Ive driven a few CLS 320 CDI which i find a bit sluggish compared to my E320 CDI.
If i had a cls 320 cdi, woould defo get it chipped or remapped.

Do you get better fuel consumption or worse?
Is it worth while?

I'd have thought a CLS would weigh less than an E Class so being as the engines are identical the CLS should feel a tadge quicker?

I thought the CLS was a fair bit heavier than the E, it's certainly bigger...with less room inside :)

Spose if that's the case then the performance drop noted makes sense.

E Class Estate all day long then! :cool:

I really do love the look of the CLS makes me want one everytime i see one!!....but would only ever buy a 500 or either of the AMG models....as i find the diesels sluggish.

I really do love the look of the CLS makes me want one everytime i see one!!....but would only ever buy a 500 or either of the AMG models....as i find the diesels sluggish.

:wallbash:

:rolleyes:

How could I have offended you? I was merely reacting to another jaundiced point of view :D:D:D

But seriously, the CLS is about 40kg heavier than the E-Class, although the E-Class wagon may well be the same if not slightly more GVW, I have not seen the specs.

The 320 engine in the later (post 08) CLS were identical to the 09MY 350 CLS, Merc just changed the designation, they both have 224bhp.

It may well be the E-Class estate you have is a little less refined than the CLS thus your perception of driving the CLS was it was slower :p

:bannana:

Hey boxbrownie I don't have the E Class estate, i've got the saloon, fully loaded with upgraded sports package. mines a 55 plate..1st vehicles with the V6 diesel engine.

But seriously i do love the look of the old CLS....makes my heart melt...i will definately buy 1, only when i can afford to have two cars as i really dont want to sell my E class.

Benz2fast4u......I know what you mean, I have never been a "Benz bloke" until now seeing them as the usual Stuttgart Taxis, but the CLS was the only one that EVER made me look twice, just something about the lines I guess.

Hi Stig, can i ask what difference (if any) it made to your insurance costs?

Hi Stig, can i ask what difference (if any) it made to your insurance costs?

Mine put about 10% on (with Aviva), though I had some declines too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom