Taken the plunge - my new W124 E320 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I have been sorely tempted by Nick Froome's cars at W124 and while I had been planning an estate, a solitary dunkelblau with mushroom leather E320 Coupe was listed, and I was smitten. Trecked down to a very sunny Brighton this morning, met Nick, had my fears about rear legroom eased, and went out for a 33 mile test drive. Lovely car in near immaculate condition, 5 speed auto with sports suspension and a proper turbine smooth engine and transmission. Sold.

Nick was a model of help and knowledge, so thanks to those who recommended him here. I now have to wait until next week for collection while I sort out my lease car, but bye bye BM, hello Mercedes! :bannana:

Some iphone photos:

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Good to hear you found what you were(n't) looking for and happy to hear good things about Nick. He does seem to find and sell some very nice cars. It's what you pay for, I guess.

Hope you enjoy your coupe - they are lovely cars.

It certainly looks like a lovely car from the photos. Out of interest is it replacing a lease car? I'd be interested in hearing how it compares..

Macscrooge - it is replacing a BMW 320d that I took on a lease 2 years ago. Somehow I think it will be rather different, and I look forward to getting to know it better. Somehow it excited me as my as my mid 80s Bentley Turbo R, but I think it is much better engineered than that.

My name is Charles and I have a car buying problem....

She looks lovely.

All you need now is some roof bars ;).

What an amazing coincidence! Just struck a deal to buy some...:D

Looks marvellous, very shiny!

I would be tempted to get rid of my CLK for a 124 that looked as good as that.

That's a lovely looking car, nice colour combo. Enjoy:thumb:

Thanks all. It must be said, the glorious sunshine really helped bring out the colours and the shine and the crap lens on the iPhone seemed to enrich the colours too.

Bloody Hell that looks nice!

Enjoy!

Very nice indeed. You'll never look back (unless you're reversing into a parking space that is) ;)

Looks great. Must clean mine soon :eek:

Roof bars are an excellent design - used mine a couple of times, the boot is cavernous, rear seats are very comfy and accommodating and it really is a very practical car for a 2 door.

Nice to see another decent unmolested C124 on the forum. :)

Ade

Another gorgeous W124 - not that i'm biased :)

Nice looking ride, Charles

I've got a very similar machine; 1994 E320 coupe, midnight blue, mushroom leather, 5 speed auto. I don't have the headlight wipers yours seems to have. Mine's got an updated and lowered suspension, 17"AMG rims with big boots on them, so not as original as yours, though has the original 8 hole rim as a spare. I'm in Australia and this car loves long country runs, fuel consumption drops plenty when you can cruise at 100km/hr for a few hours straight. Even though it's 16 years old still one of the sharpest looking cars on the road and those who don't know much about cars often assume it's only a few years old.

Attachments

• E320c.jpg
    E320c.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 303
Nick always has nice cars, I've been very happy with mine in the 18 months I've had it, enjoy. :)

Pottering - yours looks wonderful. Given where you are, you must have racked up quite some mileage!

Described it to an old friend at lunch, he now wants one too. Shame Nick only has the one coupe as he doesn't want an estate.

This one's for the op. Congratulations on your purchase. I don't suppose you happened to see the red 190E he has for sale did you ? I'm possibly interested in that and have emailed Nick but yet to receive his response. I'm just wondering whether it's as good in the flesh as it appears in the web pics.

Graham - alas no, I didn't, but the photos look very fine. But for my size and the absence of aircon, that would have been high on my list to view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom