Taken the plunge with Elite detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55

Car
W211 E55
After alot of thought and consideration I have booked my car in with these guys in about 4 weeks time to get full paint correction and a full detail. I know the detailers are not cheap and I thought it would be a waste of money but I have seen his work on several of my friends cars and the results are amazing. Hopefully he can make my obsidian black paint look brand new again.

http://www.elitedetailing.co.uk/

I managed to speak to the guy and he was very knowledgable and friendly.
He also said that all SLR's and Maybachs he details over at MB world before they are delivered to customers which is re assuring. Check out the chrome SLR on the website

I will post some photos up once the car is done.:)

Last edited:
So which option from the price list did you decide to go for? I find the quality of finish is so perfect you dont want to get your out of the garage cos its so clean and if its raining you`ve had it?:eek:

Mebs,

Going for the Royal treatment. I thought I would try the £7,000 pound a tub wax.
Theres not way I would buy the wax myself to put a coat on.

You sound like you have had your car done by him before?

Wow - this detailing malarkey can easily get out of hand.

between this and the detailing threads here and elsewhere, puts my wash it every week to 10 days to shame. :eek:

Note to self - must try harder - even if I am starting to get attached to that swirl. Black car? - never again! :wallbash:
But said that last time:doh:

They cetainly look very experienced and have (judging by the photos) worked on some of the best (and most expensive) cars in the world! Let us know how you get on and post up some before and after pics!

If the E55 looks anything like that, it will be great. don't for get lots of before and after photo's. Bet you can't wait.

e55, can you elaborate what the 'royal' treatment covers & roughly how much it's costing?

Been considering getting mine detailed for a while now.

James.

Really looking forward to before and after pics on this Adrian :) Hope it comes out as well as the others shown on their site - reckon you might just not want to drive it afterwards in case you make it dirty again LOL! ;) Your new hobby will be sitting in the garage, staring lovingly at it and sighing ;)

Cheers,
Mark

Cheers for that, couldn't find the details on the website.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Got my car detailed by Elite Detailing about 3 weeks ago and finally had a chance to put the photos up. I am very very pleased with the results and the car looks brand new just out of the factory.
Initially I was going for the Royale treatment but after seeing all the small swirls and scratches on the body work under the light they recommended that they spend more time on paint correction to get all the marks out. As you can see in some of the before and after photos theres alot of surface scratching that you cannot really see until you have it under the light. I am glad I went down this route as the paint correction is something that I could not do and takes alot of skill. The car was waxed and finished with Zaino gloss. Surprisngly its a very affordable product rather than the 7k tub of Royale that I was going to try.

Overall the car has a much deeper finish to it and you can see small glitters of gold in the Obsidian black paint. Elite were very helpful and I also got some good tips about how to wash the car in the future and to maintain the paint finish.

Overall a very good job and the results were beyond my expectations.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members/e55-albums-my-detailed-e55.html

Looks great, I got the CL detailed last week, I'll post photos when I get them.
Colin.

Been doing my obsidian black CL55 over the last few weeks. I tend to do a panel at a time with a Meguiars G220 and take it easy. The paintwork really comes alive with lots of flecks of metallic once you get rid of the swirls. The only trouble is that you then have to wash it properly once it's all done, which involves snow foam, 2 buckets, grit guards etc etc.

It's worth it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom