taking the w124 cabrio out to enjoy the sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
what a wonderful day it has been. Having been busy with work, decided to take the partner out for a day out at Bushy Park near Richmond... in ofcourse, the wonderful 320 sportline cabrio.

The car looked stunning.. what a beautiful girl she is.. and i hope you will agree..

bushyparkdayout.jpg

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

regards

Beautiful car. But lose the orange winkers! :eek:
Hi

i had changed them once to clears, but really didn't find them appealing at all.. kinda tacky actually...so i returned them to the original orange ones, admitedly, they look more old school, but i find them more fitting for the age of car. I still have the clear ones should any one require them. I bought them with the orange reflective strip down the sides, which looked nice, and would suit any one with the facelift w124 that has the standard fully clear indicators.

with the clear lenses on, the car looked like this, not bad at all, just didnt really fancy them on it..

previouslywithclearindicators.jpg

Think i saw you today .... is it on a J plate ?

I live right next door to Bushy Park , my place backs onto it ...

Had to pop out earlier to pick up my new sunglasses from the opticians and saw a lovely green w124 cabrio coming down Hampton Hill High Street .

I live right next door to Bushy Park , my place backs onto it ...

Had to pop out earlier to pick up my new sunglasses from the opticians and saw a lovely green w124 cabrio coming down Hampton Hill High Street .

well we were there.. drove around as the car is having a video being made in the coming weeks and has two editorials with Mercedes Enthusiast in a few weeks for print towards the end of the year and Top Gear, once Jeremy Clarkson gets back to me with the new programs schedule...

Was looking at locations, and realistically, we might use Bushy and Richmond Park, with Hampton Court Palace and then down the Chelsea for the shoot, but we are still looking for a long glass building to get the reflective shot of the car.

We have a property towards Twickenham, off London road, where i keep this car often, hence it is nice to get it out for the full wind in your hair experience with the sun out.

Bushy park is wonderful.. we just relaxed by the Deers today and took a drive around the park later, passed the Cricket pavillions.

Tell me, there is a house, very contemporary in style, from the gates it looks like a very white and round walled house, with a flat roof... in fact, all the properties there are wonderful.. the houses on the circumference just have the entire park as their gardens.. you must really love your location :)

question about the round walled house.. do you know it.. do you know the owners? etc

will try and get a pic next time im around..

Yeah , we're lucky to live where we do ...

We're at the Hampton Court end , we overlook the paddocks.

It must have been you today , i can't imagine that there were two green w124 cabrios in the area today ... i'm now doubting that the one i saw was a J plate ...

Where is the house ? in the park ? not this one ?

Last edited:
hi

yes... i think it overlooks the cricket pavillion around the back.. or there abouts.

i am popping out now, but if you are around later, we can converse.

i highly doubt there were two in the same area too lol.. as i think mine is the only malachite green i know of in London :)

Very nice but, if you don't mind me saying, soft tops (and I've had a few) look daft with their roof down but with their windows up.

Out of all your stable its the 220 that works for me. Top off, windows up or down - dont bother me. Wieghts on the outside of the alloys! tisk, tisk. Someone's head must roll for that

Out of all your stable its the 220 that works for me. Top off, windows up or down - dont bother me. Wieghts on the outside of the alloys! tisk, tisk. Someone's head must roll for that
yes they do detract, im sure next time round, i will ask them to re position them to the inside

Man, I wish I had your car collection. Each car for a different circumstance........

Man, I wish I had your car collection. Each car for a different circumstance........

thanks buddy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom