Tale of the unexpected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let me be Sherlock.

One wheel got cracked and was binned.

Instead of buying a new original MB wheel, that will surely crack again, he bought 4 new after-market wheels.

Now where's Moriarty?

Let me be Sherlock.

One wheel got cracked and was binned.

Instead of buying a new original MB wheel, that will surely crack again, he bought 4 new after-market wheels.

Now where's Moriarty?

Well, Sherlock, buying a "new original MB wheel" for a BMW Z4 would be a bit of a challenge in anyone's book. But, that aside, that still leaves the old Z4 with mismatched alloys, which would look very odd, unless they were exact replica replacements, which, I suspect would cause issues with IP etc.

OK, someone has to ask...

You have three spare alloys because you bought a new non-BMW set?

Yes. The arithmetic is complex.

We had two get cracks - one was welded - one was replaced. The welded one failed again also needed replacement. So with three wheels we had a choice - pay for yet another OEM wheel or replace the lot. So we went with a new set of non-OEM rims bought with a set of tyres - and went for non-staggered 18" setup which is a bit unusual (but listed on the tyre information panel on the door frame). Also stuck with runflats because despite their inherent evil it made sense that if SWMBO had a puncture then in most circumstances she could just drive slowly back home or direct to a tyre fitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom