Talk to me about boats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it’s coming to the end of the season now. Temperatures are fine and we even had plenty of sunshine on Sunday but the river levels are up/down with all the rain we’ve had in the last couple of weeks and most of the Thames is on red boards (no navigation/locks closed etc)

Ours gets moved from its regular mooring during the winter and is still accessible but in reality won’t get used much (if at all) until the spring.

It’s a little sad in a way but the days are short now and there’s other stuff going on in the winter.

Time to clear everything and get it all ready for the winter. Both engines will need winterising before the inevitable cold snap and trying to keep it dry and well ventilated is always a bit of a challenge.

On the plus side it’s very local to where I am so easy to pop down and keep an eye on things.

In all honesty, didn’t get as much use this year as I’d have liked. Partly due to the weather (July/August was a bit rubbish?) and had a lot of other stuff going on this year meaning less free time. But I’m hopeful to make good use from early spring next year and have a few small jobs that can be done in the meantime.

Hasn’t been a money pit at all but I think it’s going to need some stuff doing in the spring - mainly the lift out and antifoul.

Only faults so far are a few small leaks around the main windscreen area which need looking at and the speed sensor underneath has either jammed or broken (easy enough to look at when it’s lifted out) :)

Looking forward to spring 2024 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom