Talk to me about Classic Car Hire Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SW18

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model Y (Formerly S212 E500)
Has anyone had experience of those members-only classic car clubs where you join up and pay for ‘points’ that can be spent on rentals via a labyrinthine system of points per day / weekend / car type? E.g. this one: Classic Car Club Fleet

It seems like a hassle-free route to some enjoyable cars, but it’s hard to tell what the costs really are. Plus I also wonder if I’d end up subscribing and then not using all the points - like a gym membership.

Has anyone tried these kinds of places and have opinions?

I was a member of that club a few few years ago and loved it! They were in Old Street back then and the only downside was having to drive the classic cars from East London to where I lived in Bedfordshire! Sometimes it was an intersting experience! I actually drove for a few days the Ferrari 308 GT4 that Mike Brewer bought for Wheeler Dealers a long while back!

Back when I was a member it worked out about £4K a year but I got to enjoy a lot of really nice, interesting cars and I'm very glad I did it for a couple of years.

Following, this would be something I’d be really interested in. Don’t know why I’ve not looked at this before.

I looked at it a few years ago ; the nearest branch was in Edinburgh ; they had a drop off location in Glasgow , but the time and mileage getting it there came out of your allowance .

Worth bearing in mind .

I was a member of that club a few few years ago and loved it! They were in Old Street back then and the only downside was having to drive the classic cars from East London to where I lived in Bedfordshire! Sometimes it was an intersting experience! I actually drove for a few days the Ferrari 308 GT4 that Mike Brewer bought for Wheeler Dealers a long while back!

Back when I was a member it worked out about £4K a year but I got to enjoy a lot of really nice, interesting cars and I'm very glad I did it for a couple of years.
Awesome, thank you! That’s not too bad a cost compared to owning a classic car if paying for storage (which would be the case for me).

That's how I saw it as storage around here at the time was about £1200 a year. When I was a member the mileage allowance was very generous and I never ran out! It really was great fun and allowed me to experience cars I would never have bought, not all were very expensive cars, but just ones I liked and enjoyed but wouldn't have put my own cash into.

Also, they used to (and may still) have a branch in Manhatten and your allowance would entitle you to use cars there too! I believe (though not proven) the producers of the TV series Suits used CCC for the scenes where Harvey Spector used classic Mustangs :)

That's how I saw it as storage around here at the time was about £1200 a year. When I was a member the mileage allowance was very generous and I never ran out! It really was great fun and allowed me to experience cars I would never have bought, not all were very expensive cars, but just ones I liked and enjoyed but wouldn't have put my own cash into.

Also, they used to (and may still) have a branch in Manhatten and your allowance would entitle you to use cars there too! I believe (though not proven) the producers of the TV series Suits used CCC for the scenes where Harvey Spector used classic Mustangs :)
Thanks - and yes they do still have their Manhattan branch that London members can use.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom