Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
There is an old joke that talking to yourself is first sign of madness but we now know its an essential mental tool .
So how much of what we do online is that same inner speech?

Echo - LINK.

Subconscious - LINK.

The above episodes are from the BBC Radio 4 The Digital Human series. LINK.

Rather than listen whilst staring at the computer screen, the series is great to have on in the background whilst doing something else.

Some people talk aloud while reading as it is the only way they can take in the material.

Some studies suggest that there are two consciousnesses, one to think and one to observe, which is why we hear our own thoughts.

Hmm...... do I chip in on this topic?!

Sanity? Insanity? Where's the line? Who decides? One voice, or multiple voices? Drug induced states?

BTW, I won't offer any prizes for guessing why I've not been on here much lately!

I just generally talk to my dog, whether he wants to listen or not.
Sometimes he will just look at me, twist his head a bit and the look he gives me just says " You are talking bo!!ocks". How does he know?

Talking to people on a forum can be even more nuts.

Almost everyday I ask myself the same question, am I going up or coming down the stairs:D

The direction of view is a clue, unless you come down or go up backwards (as I used to when recovering from a foot operation).

At least talking to yourself you know what the quality of the conversation is going to be. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom