TalkTalk poor service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
Wonder how many have the same problem. Charles Dunstone don't give a toss anymore.

Did he sold it to AOL? It was publicised he acquired AOL. In 2003 I shudder AOL, the most dreadfull ISP. It looks like AOL in disguise behind Carphonewarehouse. After he made his millions or billions he doesn't care anymore. The feeling I got is dealing with Carphonewarehouse is really dealing with AOL well publicised in BBC WatchDog unfair practise.

After all the publicity around talk talk problems anyone transferring to talk talk must go in with their eye's open - expect poor customer service. If you have the skills to resolve connection problems yourself then it's worth a punt.

A teacher friend of ours just transferred - actually I was suprised by the good service he got. He had connection problems, but even though he was using his own router talk talk helped him with the set-up over the phone - system was working, but dropped out after a power-cut the next day. Router was refusing to do NAT, PoE and and the routing was up the shoot, not talk talk's issue and very difficult to spot over the phone (they referred him to D-link who also couldn't spot the problem, over the phone) - took me a couple of minutes, did a router reset and all worked fine after that.

If you are just a humber consumer without the skills to resolve yourself (or a friend who can) I'd steer clear (although that could be said for a lot of ISPs)

I had loads of grief with them at the beginning, lost any sort of phone service for 10 days (the Mrs even missed an interview call back because of it!) but I was going ape over the Broadband when in fact it turned out the router itself was faluty. The problem was, Phillips customer service was great and helpfull and so when they told me the router tested fine, I believed them and not the script reader at the TalkTalk call centre!. Since buying a new router all has been well and Im happy with them now.

Since buying a new router all has been well and Im happy with them now.

What's your actual connection speed test at? Someone I know gets between 256k and 500kb/s best.

After all the publicity around talk talk problems anyone transferring to talk talk must go in with their eye's open - expect poor customer service. If you have the skills to resolve connection problems yourself then it's worth a punt.

A teacher friend of ours just transferred - actually I was suprised by the good service he got. He had connection problems, but even though he was using his own router talk talk helped him with the set-up over the phone - system was working, but dropped out after a power-cut the next day. Router was refusing to do NAT, PoE and and the routing was up the shoot, not talk talk's issue and very difficult to spot over the phone (they referred him to D-link who also couldn't spot the problem, over the phone) - took me a couple of minutes, did a router reset and all worked fine after that.

If you are just a humber consumer without the skills to resolve yourself (or a friend who can) I'd steer clear (although that could be said for a lot of ISPs)

I am not complaining about that because I have the skills to help myself. I do have a complaint about line keep dropping a nuisance I can't control. It could be BT, talktalk, BBC each pointing at each other not admitting it their problems and not get together and resolve it once and for all. I do not accept the line dropping got to do with searching for higher speed lines.

My main concern no one knows what they are doing in there. I kept been charged for paper based bill when I already registered and said for 5 months I do not want paper based bill. They refunded me though. I can't change password because their system can't coped. I was offered discount toward a wireless router, then they changed their mind. Now I am without a wireless router, I might as well get one from Tesco to save the hussle.

I have a good feeling what going in there. Carphonewarehouse are the boss for talktalk but they subcontracted the service to Anovo and the internet to AOL. I remember reading he got a lot of money out of selling it to a US company he doesn't care anymore. It these different companies not coordinating the activity making customers frustrated.

I had problems with TalkTalk when moving house.
They transferred the phone but forgot to transfer the broadband.
They tried to blame BT but a nice man at BT helped me prove that it was TalkTalks c*ck up.
The problems got worse & worse - charges for a service they wern't providing, not answering e-mails, not answering their customer service phones, not replying to letters, etc, etc.
Ended up at the telecoms ombudman - got compensation & refunds for overcharges and assistance to transfer back to my previous provider - AOL!
Then AOL get bought out by TalkTalk. Customer service not as good as it used to be when it was based in Ireland.

I had problems with TalkTalk when moving house.
They transferred the phone but forgot to transfer the broadband.
They tried to blame BT but a nice man at BT helped me prove that it was TalkTalks c*ck up.
The problems got worse & worse - charges for a service they wern't providing, not answering e-mails, not answering their customer service phones, not replying to letters, etc, etc.
Ended up at the telecoms ombudman - got compensation & refunds for overcharges and assistance to transfer back to my previous provider - AOL!
Then AOL get bought out by TalkTalk. Customer service not as good as it used to be when it was based in Ireland.

Now it based at Cape Town, no more Indian voices :bannana:

i fix alot off computers where i live and 75% of the computers that i fix they are with talktalk/walk away i think they are rubbish they cut of don't turn back on you phone a premium rate number put on hold for 5-10 minutes then it takes 15-20minutes to fix the problem but they do return the payment reduce your next bill regarding the line dropping it is bt doing it never had the line dropping when with bt but it doesn't now with who i am with now could not complain except repling to emails they can't read emails but phoning them they are very helpful (pipex)

i fix alot off computers where i live and 75% of the computers that i fix they are with talktalk/walk away i think they are rubbish they cut of don't turn back on you phone a premium rate number put on hold for 5-10 minutes then it takes 15-20minutes to fix the problem but they do return the payment reduce your next bill regarding the line dropping it is bt doing it never had the line dropping when with bt but it doesn't now with who i am with now could not complain except repling to emails they can't read emails but phoning them they are very helpful (pipex)

It not talktalk rubbish, it Anovo a french based company who uses Indian resources. Don't know what these Indian are talking.

What's your actual connection speed test at? Someone I know gets between 256k and 500kb/s best.

5715 KBPS Download
378 KBPS Upload

Is that good?

I managed to acquire a Netgear ADSL2 wireless router at the cost of £56 from carphonewarehouse. It £50 at Tesco for the same model. I hope they will give me the £30 discount they said when I first sign-on.

It less prone to line drops. Heaven sake why these ISPs don't tell us we need an ADSL2 router to avoid line drops.

For those who doesn't know what happened when your line drops, this is the solution.

With BT routers, it doesn't even tell you it ADSL2 or not.

we use AOL... yes I know their software jams up the computer etc etc...but It seems to work fine - and my wife loves the aol software etc.. I use safari and like that.

When ever we've had any problems -- and that is rare -- I have found their technical service (via a free line as we also take aol talk) very good and have sorted out things promptly.

I don't care where a help line is based - be it India, South Africa, outer Mongolia or even UK .. all I want is a civil manner and help ......... and to understand the person to whom I speaking...

I had to phone AOL help the other day - best call for a long time - spoke to a nice man with an irish acent - much easier to understand than some previous calls.
He answered my 2 queries very quickly & efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom