Tamiya RC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abcan

Car
S212 250CDI 2012
Looking forward to building this ready for Xmas. My sons first tidy RC car.

image-520260439.jpg

I remember building, and racing Tamiya stuff when young. Sand scorcher springs to mind, amongst others.
Now If I fancy a play, I have a 1/5th scale Mercedes, with 30cc chainsaw type engine...lol

Neil

We used to have these too. The engine powered ones were seriously quick.

Looks like what would be a Grasshopper 3 to me!

Happy days racing RC cars around.

I ended up with a Schumacher Top Cat in the end - even went to a couple of meetings.

I am rebuilding some of my old RC cars to give to my son, not sure who is going to have more fun, me or him.

Got this up in the loft still :)

And one of my old 1/10th scale Kyosho glo-plug engined ones from back in the day.

Bet with battery/motor tech the new ones are light and fast too :thumb:

Will said:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/will_uk2000/media/Tamiya190E1.jpg.html http://s36.photobucket.com/user/will_uk2000/media/Tamiya190E2.jpg.html Got this up in the loft still :) And one of my old 1/10th scale Kyosho glo-plug engined ones from back in the day. Bet with battery/motor tech the new ones are light and fast too :thumb:

I have this exact model too. Might dig it out, still runs I think. You didn't attach the ridiculous spoiler then?

do they sell ready made cars from Tamyia, Traxxas or Kyosho?
this hobby is something you never get bored from

RC cars who runs on battery, do monster trucks have shorter running time on a fully loaded battery compared to a sand buggy car with smaller slick wheels?

How long is the running time on a fully loaded high capacity battery?
Is it Lion or NiMh batteries used for RC cars?
I think Lion batteries are the better for longer running time, am I right?

RC cars with methanol engines, do they come ready built?

Back in the 80's these fun RC cars with methanol motors were complicated to start, there were tons of things to take with you outside when to start the engine.
Things like starter, battery pack, fuel and other bits n boobs.

Newer RC cars with methanol motors are they more smoother and easier to deal with than playing with the older cars from the 80's which were more complicated?

I'm no expert, I'm not sure the run time of the one I've bought yet. I've got 2 3300mah Nimh batteries and a fast charger. I've also bought bearings to replace the bushes, this is supposed to help with running time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom