Tank Capacity with Reserve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
I notice the W204 brochure states that the Tank Capacity with reserve is

"Tank capacity / with reserve (l) 59 / 8"

Does this mean the total capacity is 59 litres or 59 + 8 litres = 67 Litres.:confused:

If you can give me a quick insight I would appreciate it.

Brian, Many thanks.

I'm not so sure about this.

I did read it as 59 including reserve. However my second fill last week was 62 litres. I was well into the reserve but the needle hadn't quite hit the stops...

Probably down to the fact that filling stations are allowed something like a 10% margin of error in accuracy of dispensing fuel.

You can bet the %age isn't going to be in favour of the customer too!

There is also the length of pipe from the filler to the tank which I guess may take a couple of litres?

10% sounds a lot! These were new pumps too at a recently refurbed station.

I didn't neck the tank either - filled it to the auto cut-off and then rounded up from 61.7 odd litres to 62 dead.

I thought weights and measures ensured that pumps didn't under dispense, in alignment with the Law.

He's tired and confused with speedometers.

I thought weights and measures ensured that pumps didn't under dispense, in alignment with the Law.

Quite right! They are very accurate, otherwise they would get grief from either weights and measures or profitability;)

Mercedes tanks are a 'nominal' capacity. I've put 100 litres into my ML's 95 litre tank.....and it hadn't run out:eek: But it was then full:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom