Tar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
The main road I live off of has just recently had a new 'topcoat' and what a mess it has made of the bodywork on my car. I have black spots all over the sides where it has been kicked up by the tyres.

I spent hours today trying to get it off with polish and other stuff I am happy to use on the bodywork. However, it's taking bl**dy ages and I still have a lot to do :mad:

I know that you can get tar remover but I am a little nervous about using it. Anyone allay my fears or suggest another product?

Thanks.

Jonathan....

I used glue and tar remover for the very same reason on the lower part of my sills, came off a treat without too much elbow grease and is friendly to the bodywork...

get a good quality one from halfords...

Jonathan

Autoglym do an "intensive tar remover " that is very good

It wont damage your paint and it does "exactly what it says on the tin"

HTH

Mark

Thanks guys, I'll get some tomorrow and as I can make Sunday now, I want to look my best :bannana:

Got to agree with that, It worked wonders on mine without damaging any paintwork.:D

As Mark says Autoglym will disove the tar and make it run off the paintwork on contact! if your car was waxed you would of had little dicciculty taking the tar of ;)

Hi Koolvin, it's been waxed but not for a few months. I use Zymol and still get lots of small beading when wet so I assume it's still OK. However, the lower parts of the body work behind the wheels take a hammering so your probably spot on.

Need to re-wax in time for Sunday :bannana:

Originally posted by Mark300SL
Jonathan

Autoglym do an "intensive tar remover " that is very good

It wont damage your paint and it does "exactly what it says on the tin"

HTH

Mark

echo everyone else. the Autoglym stuff is essential in your collection, removes tar and anything else for that matter, leaves paint untouched.

tar.gif

Of course if you uise such kind of spirit cleaners you will need to rewax the problem areas again.

I use magerine or olive oil to remove tar spots or a clay bar. The use of olive oil/margering will not destroy the wax coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom