Tarting up MB-Tex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brunotxu

Car
W123 300TD
Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me out with my W123 restoration project. I have date / palomino MB Tex upholstery which, after nearly 200k miles and 33 years, is understandably starting to look a little sad (and, what is worse, pink!).

There are loads of companies out there that make vinyl dye / paint, but can anyone recommend one for use on Tex? And is there a really good match available for the original shade I would have had back in the day?

Would be great if there were some pros on the forum - what product do you they use? Do I need to prep up or just spray it on?

Thanks

Bruno

Numerous people recommend furniture clinic stuff as easy to apply and reasonable. I would hesitate to spray MB tex though as I doubt it will adhere as well as leather - perhaps you should try a test panel on your driver's seat and see how it wears.

As to colour match, I think you'll need to do some testing, if all is faded, it will be the match that looks best with the other parts of the interior and that is going to have to be experimental.

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me out with my W123 restoration project. I have date / palomino MB Tex upholstery which, after nearly 200k miles and 33 years, is understandably starting to look a little sad (and, what is worse, pink!).

There are loads of companies out there that make vinyl dye / paint, but can anyone recommend one for use on Tex? And is there a really good match available for the original shade I would have had back in the day?

Would be great if there were some pros on the forum - what product do you they use? Do I need to prep up or just spray it on?

Thanks

Bruno
Hi Bruno, I know the post is very old, but I was wondering if you manage to dye your seat? I also have Palomino MB seats and would like to dye them using spray paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom