Tax class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bekster

Car
Mini
Hi all,
Has anyone had any success changing a tax class from PLG (private light goods)?
I have bought a car that was first registered in 2016 and then imported to the UK in 2018. The Co2 emissions info wasnt provided at the time of registration in the UK and so it was put into the PLG class based on engine size (2ltr)
The DVLA are telling me it can never be changed and will continue to charge £270 a year for a car that should be £30 a year based on emissions.
Is there anything I can do?

You'd effectively have to resubmit paperwork for Certificate of Conformity (CoC) or redo the IVA with the relevant model report, but I'm not aware that anyone has successfully done so, or if the processes to do it even exist.

Why did you buy that car?
Id been looking for that model for a while when i saw it come up. It ticked all the boxes for me, its an auto, right colour, right stereo i wanted, great condition, low mileage, cheap to tax, fair price, etc ...
Im really happy with the car, im just aggrieved that I can not change the tax class to what it justifiably should be

You'd effectively have to resubmit paperwork for Certificate of Conformity (CoC) or redo the IVA with the relevant model report, but I'm not aware that anyone has successfully done so, or if the processes to do it even exist.
Il have a proper look into this thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom