Tax disc so called sticky pads...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
I'm sure everyone's had an experience with these....

I have a stainless steel tax disc holder which came with the transparent sticky pads, which are blimmin' useless, my lovely shiney disc holder is now all scratched from falling off numerous times!:mad:

So, does anyone know of transparent, sticky pads/adhesive I can use? I'm not so bothered about it being able to come off as I do not need to remove it to change my disc.

I want it less obtrusive! I tried some other pads but they are white and look ugly, plus they didn't work so they need removal too! :D

I'm sure everyone's had an experience with these....

I have a stainless steel tax disc holder which came with the transparent sticky pads, which are blimmin' useless, my lovely shiney disc holder is now all scratched from falling off numerous times!:mad:

So, does anyone know of transparent, sticky pads/adhesive I can use? I'm not so bothered about it being able to come off as I do not need to remove it to change my disc.

Me too! Me too! Portzy was kind enough to give me a nice MB one but could not restick it when I changed from the B Class to the E Class :mad:

i always remove the dodg-pot stickers off my cars and hide the tax in the bottom left and now just use a stick one, not even sure whats on the back of it

i like the metal ones but wont match my interior

I have one of those stainless ones Gina , it never fell off in the old car , in fact when i wanted to put it in the new car it was a nightmare to get off ...

The secret is to degrease the screen where you want to mount it and then degrease the actual stainless holder where the pads go ...

We would use acetone , but you can use nail varnish remover ;)

You can also get 'repair kits' containing sticky pads from Helfrauds

rob

You can also get 'repair kits' containing sticky pads from Helfrauds

rob

Here here, I have used these and they are very good. I triad hobby type pads but they fell off so Halfords are the best option for only a pound or so. They come as a kit with 6 pads and an allen key to adjust/swap the little screws.

i had one of these metal tax disc holders on my CLK. it kept on falling off. the metal was too heavy for the sticky pads.

when i sold the car and bought the BMW i bought a plastic metal-look one. it looked the same but was very light and never fell off.

i would recommend getting a plastic one instead.

derek

used these in the mk1 rivage we used to have, worked a treat, never fell off after putting new sticky`s on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom