Tax Disc Trauma!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munkee

Hi,

The last time I had to renew my tax disc, I also fitted a new tax holder. On Wednesday I have to renew it again. Problem is that I fitted one of those metal ones (see pic below) where you need a hexagon/allen key to open it, but I've lost it. :eek: Does any one know where I can get a replacement one, or does anyone know what size the key is so I can nip down to B&Q!?

Cheers

Attachments

• taxdiscs.jpg
    taxdiscs.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 146
Just buy a cheap allen key set (about £5 upwards) from Helfrauds or any motor factor. They usually have 2, 3 & 4mm amongst the set of which I am sure one will fit. Then next time you need an allen key, you know you have a nice set in your toolbox waiting for you.

My Tax Holder looks the same and use's a 2mm Allen Key.

Regards
Joe

that reminds me - what a good idea for the SL especially when the roof is down

steve_bcs said:
that reminds me - what a good idea for the SL especially when the roof is down

Good idea.... Where can I buy a nice one from?

Cheers for that guys,

I like the taxdischolder.com one... just trying to decide if i should just go with MB or add some more text.....

Tan said:
Cheers for that guys,

I like the taxdischolder.com one... just trying to decide if i should just go with MB or add some more text.....

www.mbclub.co.uk . . . . of course :D

(I need a new one too . . . my ugly combination Tax Disk Holder / GSM Antenna is now redundant !)

S.

portzy said:
Aletank, are www.taxdisc.... an OK firm?, fancy a black one for my Polo, cant get one on my MB, window rake to severe.

just bought one for £7 off ebay which includes UK postage. its alloy but just plain (no ingraving).

hope it fits the CLK windscreen tho.... never thought about that!

sym said:
www.mbclub.co.uk . . . . of course :D

(I need a new one too . . . my ugly combination Tax Disk Holder / GSM Antenna is now redundant !)

S.

Wonder if they would do a discount for a group buy?

If there is interest I could give them a call.

Tan said:

I would be interested

me too

Tan said:

I've got one of these and it's cr@p. The sticky pads that fix it to the windscreen become non sticky after a while and the damned thing keeps falling off. Can't find any suitable new sticky pads anywhere.

Dave K said:
I've got one of these and it's cr@p. The sticky pads that fix it to the windscreen become non sticky after a while and the damned thing keeps falling off. Can't find any suitable new sticky pads anywhere.

Hi

Was your holder purchased from www.taxdischolder.com?

Has anyone else purchased one of these holders? What have you thought about the quality?

The other issue is will they fit all cars? I will ask the company this question aswell but it always best to get an unbiased view.

Regards

Tan

The tax holders from Richbrook are brilliant. It's been on my car since I last updated the tax and it hasn't fallen off or lost it's stickiness, even when faced with extreme heat/cold.

I beleive the tax holders themselves are the same quality but the sticky pads aren't, so why not just somehow buy replacement pads from Richbrook and the personalised holder from www.taxdischolder.com

Also, they fit in the windscreen of W124's perfectly. I don't know if they fit this well in other models but hopfully someone else has tried. They also provide spacers to fill gaps, when fitted to very curvy screens, so my 124 didn't need them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom