Tax Disc Trauma!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've often thought about getting one of these - I'd want the one with the heritage logo rather than the normal three pointy star tho :rolleyes:

But interstingly this issue of them falling off in the heat has been raised on another forum. Apparently - only repeating what was said - you're supposed to stick them on and not move the car for 8 hours to allow the adhesive to set, those that didn't seem to be the ones falling off!! Don't know if any of you can identify with that. The last thing I want is a disc holder that falls off :D

Yeah thanks for bringing that up pammy, I forgot to mention that. I left mine for 8ish hours and have had no probs. I would advise to use good quality sticky pads, 3M's the best, which I only just realised that www.taxdischolder.com provide 3M pads with each sale. So I suppose you wouldn't need to worry about getting pads from Richbrook, just follow the instructions, like pammy mentioned.

I can vouch that the sticky(silicone disc with red backing) pads that Richbrook supply, and you can buy as spares along with a spare allen key, are perfect as long as you do as exactly as is says on the tin, alcohol clean the windscreen, hold for five mins, dont drive for 8 hours etc.

I say this as I had once a Corsa which was written off by others (40 mph rear ender) and the disc holder was practically the only thing left attached to anything else afterwards! I wouldnt mind making one in on a group buy but can mine, due to to much rake on my MB, say...... Volkswagen?, for my Polo, ohhh dear :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom