Tax rebate question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercFanUk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Hi all, I got a lovely P800 through the post today from the tax man stating they owe me a nice chunk of money and that the 'payable order' is in the post.

My question is, can this just be cashed somewhere on the day it arrives, or will I need to stick it into an account and wait for it to clear? (I've already mentally spent the money so will not want to wait once it's arrived lol).

ta!

No, I'm a high risk now after the bounced cheque for the snickers I bought :(

Hi, I was lucky enough to get two of these last year, the cheque arrives a couple of days after the notification.
The Cheques are crossed and must be placed in your account.

Ah ok, so they can't be cashed at the issuing bank either then?

I had the same thing last year. Nope as far as I know. You have to wait the usual 2-3 days

Thats just a tease - here's some money - but you can't have it just yet :D

Don't stand for such nonsense from the Tax man, when it arrives just rip the cheque up. That will teach them to mess with you.;)

I have never had a rebate in my life... I really want one!

Send me £1,000 and in a year or so I'll send you a rebate of £150. You'll find 15% is actually a very good rebate. And it'll be jolly exciting to get you first.

:D

No cheques. Western Union I believe is the ideal medium for a scam financial transaction of this type :)

Google "cashing cheques".

Some of my tenants receive cheques in their name from the City Council (Housining Benefit) and they are able to cash them, after paying a fee, on the high street.

Cash Converters (I think) do it.

I asked cash converters, they can't cash crossed cheques. Looks like I'll have to wait :(

To be fair it's not a big deal having to wait, it's just when I have something coming I'm like a 5 year old kid and want it immediately! lol

^ Chicken wings?

In future why not get it transferred direct to your bank account?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom