taxi for Beno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beno

Car
C350 CDI
My eldest soon has just passed his driving test this afternoon, I'm as pleased as punch for him. But little does he know he has now become my private taxi. I love it when a plan comes together :)

Payback...:D:D:D its better still when they buy their own car...you can then 'borrow' it, forgetting to refuel...of course.

Hehe, I did exactly the same. Actually our son doesn't drink much himself so he doesn't mind ferrying us around. We usually give him 50% of what the taxi fare would be so everybody wins (except the official taxi) :)

I predict.

Benzo - "Son - will you pick us up tonight please"
Son - "Can't out for a drive with my mates/girlfriend etc"

It doesn't work that way - trust me. :)

Let a youngster loose in a C270 - no way! Only way I'd let him drive is, as Beno says, playing taxi to M&D - which happens once in a blue moon! Both mine passed their driving tests at 18, we had an Astra estate for them to use occasionally, very seldom could we use them as taxis, it was invariably "can I borrow the car tonight to go to ....." - and predictably, no fuel was added!!

Hello Beno
congratulations to you both

SNAP! my son has passed his driving test 30 minutes ago !
i will also be thinking taxi .........oh just read a few posts:doh: maybe not

He's got his own vehicle a Ka its a bit of a squeeze as he is 6'6 but being a tight git I will grin and bear it where there's a will there's a way. There is no way on earth I'd let him near the MB (I'm not overly comfortable with Mrs Beno behind the wheel, its my baby) obviously we won't pass that information on !!

I think that it is great when your kids pass their driving test.

My daughter passed hers over a year ago and touch wood, hasn't had an accident. She drives a bit too fast for my liking but I think that that is a teenage thing.

She has taxi'd her mum and me around and you can feel that she is proud to do so. We treated her (her car), to a set of new tyres a month ago and she commented on what a difference it made to the handling. I think that that shows a bit of maturity.

Well Beno, I hope that all goes well for you and your son now that he is mobile.

Congratulations to your son (well all of you).

That's great news...

We treated her (her car), to a set of new tyres a month ago and she commented on what a difference it made to the handling. I think that that shows a bit of maturity.

Shows she's been ragging it on the ragged edge if you ask me.

There's me thinking you were buying a Vauxhall Vectra or Zafira...

I look forward to my eldest son passing his test, but unfortunately I have a minimum of 14 years to wait!

Insurance company.....

"Yes Sir, of course we can insure your new driver son on your MB policy - would Sir care to sit down for the quote?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom