Taxing my car what is best deal....6 or 12 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

My car is due for Tax at the end of September (in fact the wifes A210 is also due)

Mine has a C02 figure of 305 and is £115 for 6 months or £210 for 12 months.

Wifes has a C02 of 190 and is the same bracket.

I thought that I would tax them for a year each as mine will soon go to £400+ ? so just putting off paying more for a little longer?

I have heared people saying to sorn the car in the last month before the new tax and then re tax at the lower rate just before....I'm not that botherd but if its better to get the 2months now I will,,

is this new tax rate agreed and confirmed yet?

They keep changing their minds on the exact brackets and prices and also when it will actually come in.

I am in this exact position, its @ 188g/km which IMHO is quite high for a 2.1 litre diesel. But should I tax for 6 months then 12, or bite the bullet just now.

How about buying a 12 month disc @ end month as its cheaper/month, and then in 5 months getting a refund from the DVLA, saying you've sold the car, then re-tax it for another 12 months on the old rate?

At £210 for a 12 month disk what do you hope to gain.?

I don't know when the new tax if it is comes in..

so I don't want to buy 6 months to find when I tax it again its £410 or what ever..

Think I've answered my own question I will get 12 months. I'm not over bothered about saving the money but if I am soon to get my new tele its a nice blue ray player for it.... :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom