Tdi tuning box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinMerc

Car
E350
Anyone use a tuning plug in box from Tdi-tuning.com ?? Or I’m I better getting a remap for e350, looking better economy!

Reeeeeemap .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Cheers!

I've used both with success. Not all tuning boxes are the same.

We fitted one a customer supplied a few years ago. He's done 200k miles with it and had no issues whatsoever. A re-map is always best though.

I bought an old E320 CDI (inline six) on 174k, with one already fitted, that had done about 50K miles like that. It went like stink...

It depends how much you want to spend, really; a TDI box is only about £300, but a custom remap, while obviously better because optimised for your particular engine, will likely cost rather more. If you're after better economy, how good is your self-discipline? If you have more power, you may be sorely tempted to use it...

Good morning and please excuse my ignorance but what is a re-map?

Just joined mbclub and this is my first post.

I have a 2002 C200 AMG coupe and just acquired a 2003 E320 CDI Elegance.

Bonzowicked AKA Bob

Good morning and please excuse my ignorance but what is a re-map?

Just joined mbclub and this is my first post.

I have a 2002 C200 AMG coupe and just acquired a 2003 E320 CDI Elegance.

Bonzowicked AKA Bob

A remapping is a process of altering your car engines computer, ie ECU. By changing or overwriting this program with new software, the functions can be customised and the performance of your car improved... Google 😂

Remap all the way mate, as I had a tuning box in my last car and the stupid thing kept cutting out the engine, not good when you are on a motorway...... Might be more money, but old saying, buy cheap buy twice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom