TDI Tuning Boxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marc250

Car
C250 cdi
Anyone have one of these on their vehicle - looking for personal experiences of them rather than the claims on the various websites.

My car is a w204 250cdi - wanting a bit more poke but it is a company vehicle so a remap is out of the question due to servicing. Can anyone say if their tuned cars displace a lot of soot as a result - any recommendations?

Many Thanks

No experience with MB, but I had RoverRon Synergy boxes on my Rover 75 diesel and Saab 93 vert diesel.

Very noticeable difference in performance, but then both had done 80k+ miles.

It did accelerate EGR sooting on the Saab, but produced no visible soot from exhaust on either car. Improved mpg, verified by brim to brim, the computer mpg was fantastic, but up to 25% optimistic!

Two reasons I've not bought one for the C220, firstly it's a lease car, and secondly it has more than enough performance and fuel economy for me.

BTW the box is still on the Rover, in the hands of my son in law, mileage now over 225000, and the box for the Saab's in the shed, if anyone wants to make an offer.....

Hope these musings help

Malcolm

We use the speedhawk box. It works very well. No additional sooting if you don't turn it up to max. It has an adjustable dial on it.

We sell them for £350. They work very very well.

speedhawk

We use the speedhawk box. It works very well. No additional sooting if you don't turn it up to max. It has an adjustable dial on it.

We sell them for £350. They work very very well.

Thanks for the info; can i ask how this tuning box differs from some of the lower cost ones? Ive seen the likes of Bluespark for £250 which connect to both fuel rail and boost pressure.

Would this be the same sort of setup and is the boost connection really neccessary as the majority of ones advertised seem to simply connect to the fuel rail?

Thanks for any advice!

I had a Tunit fitted to my Phaeton and was very impressed with it. Comes with an adjusting dial 1 to 9. Depending on what you wanted. Fits down wind of the cars computer using genuine plugs...MB in your case. Fitted in minutes. Take it with you when you change cars. If its not suitable they will part ex for one that will.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Yes have one on my e250 and very noticeable performance and economy
However it takes a while setting up to avoid limp mode
From experience I don't think the mercedes take well to boost adjustment too, a fuelling only option may be more suitable. However if you buy the 2 item box you can always just disconnect the boost option and use the fuelling map only.
Best to call a recommended supplier and hope for impartial advice.
The brabus d4 is also an option but more expensive and does not claim as much improvement as the others, say DTUK etc.
However brabus is mercedes approved..!

I suggest you use a DTUK box, they are at the top of the tree in terms of customer service, knowledge and product. I've run mine since I hit 1000 miles and car's now on 17k.
There was an issue I had but they replaced it for a new one and all is working sweet now - add a sprint booster and it really does improve driveabiliy.
I do get an improvement in MPG depending on style of driving, fitting and removal was a breeze cars been in to MB for a few issues unrelated to the tuning box and a service and everythings been fine.

What setting are you running the box on and what car Is it thanks
Also have u had any issues with limp mode
Thanks again
Andy

It's on a W246 B180cdi, running on Map4+1. I found if I turned it upto +2/+3 then it would go into limp mode, I've tried all the other maps and found this setting to be the best with improvements all round the rev range.

I've used this setting on a 2.0 Golf tdi, 320d, astra 1.7cdti as well with no problems at all.

Whenever it went into limp mode I just plugged in a £20 OBD2 diagnostic reader and read the fault codes and erased them, turned it down and sorted.

No experience with MB, but I had RoverRon Synergy boxes on my Rover 75 diesel and Saab 93 vert diesel.

Very noticeable difference in performance, but then both had done 80k+ miles.

It did accelerate EGR sooting on the Saab, but produced no visible soot from exhaust on either car. Improved mpg, verified by brim to brim, the computer mpg was fantastic, but up to 25% optimistic!

Two reasons I've not bought one for the C220, firstly it's a lease car, and secondly it has more than enough performance and fuel economy for me.

BTW the box is still on the Rover, in the hands of my son in law, mileage now over 225000, and the box for the Saab's in the shed, if anyone wants to make an offer.....

Hope these musings help

Malcolm

Hi, I would be interested in the Saab box if you still have it. I have a 05 93 1.9tid

i cant pm yet as i have only 1 post.

regards
mark

Hi, I would be interested in the Saab box if you still have it. I have a 05 93 1.9tid

i cant pm yet as i have only 1 post.

regards
mark
Hi Mark, I have emailed you

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom