Teach in Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanB

Car
W210
Hi I am researching options for a replacement vehicle but I am really out of touch with the more modern accoutrements.

I am a great fan of Sat Nav and have my own SPIII (not sure if it still works after the bump) but I do like what I hear of the the Comand system.

Now then if I see an advert like this:
2002 52 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ C270 CDI Avantgarde SE
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 76,000 miles, Metallic Silver, 1 Owner. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Immobiliser,

What does the computer bit mean? Is that Comand?

I would suggest no - I think it simply means the onboard computer for your stats etc. If it was Comand I'm sure it would say Comand as it's such an expensive option. The only way to be sure though is to ring and confirm.

How you feeling btw - OK I hope.

Probably not,its more likely to be the screen in the display that you controll from the multi-function steering wheel(!).Things like speed,fuel consumption,light settings etc etc.
If a car did have COMMAND i would have thought an owner/seller would make sure that it was described as that because its a valuable option/selling point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom