Teacher jailed for threatening yobs with air pistol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugblatter

Car
2005 Jaguar X Type 2.0D SE
Times article

OK what she did was wrong, but I bet the chavs will be sniggering for months over this.

Yeah you know theyll be sniggering and even more on her back when she is out but at the same time teacher and air rifle. Think the judge was quite fair really IMO

I Don't see why the profession of someone should be called into account in these situations :( The fact is these little b*****ds were making her life miserable. Yet again the system fails the tax payer and the little sh*ts get to do what they want :mad:

: peterchurch
I totally agree these sh*ts live on our taxed money steal from us vandalise our property, the police and courts are unable to deal with them and when a reasonable person(with no previous covictions) is pushed over the edge they are punnished with 6 months in prison while the two youths involved,one a convicted burglar the other convicted of shoplifting a day before roam free to carry on.They should be locked up as they are more likely to re-offend. They have runied the career of a teacher who pays tax to keep them and who may not return to her job when she is freed. She should have been bound over to keep the peace they should have been locked up under TONYS new Sadam Hussain style laws.VOTE Consertive and be free. :devil: :eek:

Bugblatter said:
Times article

OK what she did was wrong, but I bet the chavs will be sniggering for months over this.
Not only will they be sniggering but they(and millions of others) now have a green light to do whatever they want to. Id have shot the f***ing scum in the f***ing legs. And after that ruleing, I think we all might as well go that bit further. The sentance wouldnt be much worse and you'd have the satisfaction that you'd wounded the little sh*tface's and taught them not to terrorise you or anyone else!!

What is it with this "liberal, help the scum and persicute the victim" socity we have nowadays :mad:

Il try and calm down now.

Stu

Whilst agreeing with the sentiment, there is a lot of media hype and not a lot of reporting of facts here - what came out in court paints a very different picture....

The true story doesn't make such a dramatic headline (so won't sell any newspapers...).

Folks seem very quick to blame "yoofs" for hanging around on street corners, but unwilling to actually support any initiative to offer them alternatives.

:rolleyes:

Swiss Toni said:
Folks seem very quick to blame "yoofs" for hanging around on street corners, but unwilling to actually support any initiative to offer them alternatives.

:rolleyes:

Alternatives to theiving, vandalism and abusing people.... I could offer them a few alternatives to that. Just because there appears to be nowhere these idiots can go to be pampered by do gooders is no excuse for law breaking.

Only last week I was coming out of our local shop and was confronted by a 14 year old who demanded "You got any money on yer ?" To which I replied, "Yes I have about £75 and if you can take it from me then come down to my house and I'll double it"

He backed off, but what if I'd been a little less able or a little weaker or heaven forbid afraid of offering him the violence he deserved ?

Bugblatter said:
Times article

Its one thing to be a nuisance and its quite another to point a gun at someone. I actually met a guy once who lost an eye to some stupid prank with an air gun. I cant see that as being in proportion to the acts of vandalism. Well not in a Christian nation .....

Firstly let me just say don't get me wrong, I am not sticking up for any Vandals as being a victim of Vandalism I abhor anyone who disrespects someone else's property and all up for introducing the mandatory whipping for the scum that are found guilty of vandalism and muggings etc rather then the often very minimal "punishments" they get away with.

It clearly says that the group ("Gang") of youths had not been involved in the vandalism incident and were merely hanging around in a field 250 yards away. Now since the media is so great for accurate reporting for all we know it could have been a group of school kids waiting to get picked up by the parents. How would you feel if your kids had a gun pulled on them and then fired near their feet ? She paid the price for a stupid act, the system actually works for once imho ;)

Last edited:
com said:
She paid the price for a stupid act, the system actually works for once imho ;)

But six months inside? Is that really reasonable? I don't think so. A more fitting punishment than six (okay, three) months inside would be 12 months community service and the confiscation of any "weapons".

A teacher of previous good character who has contributed to this country for thirty-odd years is thrown in gaol, for what? To send a message to the community that you can't take the law into your own hands? But I thought the police wanted the community to defend itself? The police are too busy doing other things ( :rolleyes: ), so we have all got to take more responsibility.

So, maybe she went too far. No, scratch that, she did go too far.

But all those who are quick to condemn her would, I would venture, not had to contend with a roving pack of thugs who have no concern or care about anyone or anything other than themselves. But, with rulings like this, sooner or later, we are all going to have to defend and protect or homes, just like she did.

And what are you going to do then?

[Can I remind everybody about British "justice":

A DRUNK illegal immigrant whose car killed a schoolboy was jailed for just EIGHT WEEKS yesterday.

Fury erupted as sentence was passed on Zambian Aaron Chisango, who is still in this country despite being refused British citizenship four times.

Chisango, who had no licence and was uninsured, was 1½ times the drink-drive limit when his car hit 12-year-old Jamie Mason.]

Bring back Capital Punishment, Birching and anything else that would be a deterrent. If you thought you were going to be hurt/terminated for your crime you would think twice before doing it. The days when the local copper would clip you round the ear for being a nusance are sadly over, for those of you who are not in the same age group as I will probably not understand what I am saying, but you thought twice when you saw the local Bobby and were particularly polite. Ok now its open season on Ian, sorry folks but I get so angry at the misjustices carried out in the name of compassion.

Last edited:
Ian B Walker said:
Bring back Capital Punishment, Birching and anything else that would be a deterrent. If you thought you were going to be hurt/terminated for your crime you would think twice before doing it. The days when the local copper would clip you round the ear for being a nusance are sadly over, for those of you who are not in the same age group as I will probably not understand what I am saying, but you thought twice when you saw the local Bobby and were particularly polite. Ok now its open season on Ian, sorry folks but I get so angry at the misjustices carried out in the name of compassion.

Sounds good to me - if only we could go back to a media who reported accurately and honestly.

"Public Outrage" is a great phrase, but if the public were given the same facts as the jury, they might come to a more reasonable conclusion - if you get a sensationalist report then it is obviously get you wound-up, if you got the full facts, the "system" might not be so bad as the press often portray it...

:eek:

Swiss Toni said:
The true story doesn't make such a dramatic headline (so won't sell any newspapers...).
Swiss Toni said:
Sounds good to me - if only we could go back to a media who reported accurately and honestly.
OK, I'll bite :) ... what is the "True Story"?

:) :) My turn.

I agree mostly with Flyer's post. What this lady done was wrong. Justice however must be that..... Justice.

She was badly let down by her local Police. Anyone that hears her recorded voice will recognise that she has reached the end of her tether. There is clearly an ongoing problem with rowdy behaviour which has been allowed to develop over a period of time, and it should have been dealt with.

Swiss Toni makes some very good points, but I go ballistic when I read about how they are 'bored' and we need better facilities for the youths of today. (Bite lip) Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

Down here we built BMX tracks, skate board tracks and Youth clubs. Guess what? They were all vandalised by the same people that were bored and wanted somewhere to go. :mad: :mad: :mad: These hooligans have never been taught respect...... One simple word what ALL parents have a moral duty to teach their offspring. Respect for their fellow man\person, and respect for property. This does not cost a penny, but nowadays life is all about money. It is fashionable for both parents to go to work and farm the children out to nurseries (Oooooppps!!!!) These places are ideal for looking after children whilst the parent is at work, but clearly cannot dedicate all their time to the individual child. This subject is always a 'hot potato' because those that work feel they must justify their position and all the research is usually carried out by people that are working!!! I am really sorry if I have offended anyone, but it is what I believe is a contributing factor.

Ian wants to bring back capital punishment..... Now I am two thousand per cent in favour of making our prisons a place of punishment. A deterrent where prisoners complain about conditions, but capital punishment??? No sorry.

I will justify my position by saying that innocent people get convicted. Not very often, and certainly some of those that get released on appeal, are guilty as sin, but capital punishment is final........ Your dead.

Even when the proof is indisputable, the defendant even confesses. They can still be innocent.

I will never forget the 'retarded' person who served many, many years for rape. A heinious crime which should be punished with the full force of the law. This person was convicted, I cannot remember if the victim was actually killed. However after about twelve years his DNA was tested just as a matter of course because it was now available. The DNA proved beyond any doubt that he was innocent. He was infertile.. The specimen they had was from a fertile male person. He had confessed to the crime, identified by witnesses and sentenced to life imprisonment, but he was innocent. His mother died a broken woman, and he was a broken man. Our prisons are too soft, our punishments are too soft, but sorry, I cannot agree with capital punishment.

How would I feel if a member of my family was hurt? Would I change my mind? I will not answer that question simply because it is not right for the victim to be judge, and jury.

John the stirrer

one thing i noted was the 'washing up bottle full of water' - sounds suspiciously like a bottle of de-ionised water used to top up batterys - maybe the yoofs thought it was battery acid (whcih just goes to show the state of the edukashun system we have today.. :rolleyes: )

yobs

Personally the way I handle things is just to be pleasant with a twist of ...cross me and you will find out ..look..for others the constant threat of being a victim is frightening enough, act like a victim and you will soon become one , ok I now when I get older they'll kick my walking stick away but stand up now don't leave it till its gone too far and end up doing something that you can be convicted for, only today at Blackpool after a pleasant week on the pleasure beech :crazy: with my family ....walking from the car park the monorail was passing over head as I was walking towards my family who where in front I could here ... "go on throw it " I looked up to see a group of boys leaning out of the carriage ...about to throw something out of the window .. on to the cars below ...I made eye contact and told them that I could make it to the stop before they could, and I would ram what ever they had down his throat and I picked on the biggest and pointed to him , smiling all the time...my philosophy the biggest would stop the others for fear of his own pending punishment

I have to say that this could have been me going to jail :mad: I have given lippy brats a slap on a number of occasions, especially when I have found them upsetting pensioners :mad:

If these kids were in the wrong place etc, then I think its a shame that they are picking up stick for the real sh*ts on the estate...

But the real issue got missed and that is the fact that the local police chief should be in the docks for failing to do his duty :mad: Hes still got the fat pansion and the salary though :( more presure should be put on the senior council members/ police to put a stop to stupid crime before they learn the propper stuff :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom