Tear in W211 perforated leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodies92

Hi. My dad sat in his w211 only to rip the leather with the pen in his pocket. We have cleaned the marks from the seat but it is torn in the shape/size of a 1p coin but about 2/3rds round (rest is still connected to the seat). He tried a repairer but they said they couldn't fix it and MB want £500 (most of which is for removing/refitting the seat). So does anyone have any other ideas? Hes based in the Taunton/Exeter area.

Thanks for any help
Woody

I did that on a car, a iron and a leather patch and superglue did the job very nicely.

If you fancy doing the job yourselves you can buy the leather section directly off MB.

The seat cover for a C-Class is around £250 if i remember corectly.

You could also try ebay?

I had a leather jacket fixed, and basically all they did was to stick a larger piece of strong cloth on to the reverse with Evostick. It was barely noticable

woodies92 said:
Hi. My dad sat in his w211 only to rip the leather with the pen in his pocket. We have cleaned the marks from the seat but it is torn in the shape/size of a 1p coin but about 2/3rds round (rest is still connected to the seat). He tried a repairer but they said they couldn't fix it and MB want £500 (most of which is for removing/refitting the seat). So does anyone have any other ideas? Hes based in the Taunton/Exeter area.

Thanks for any help
Woody

Hunt through yellow pages/autotrader ads, just as there are dent doctors, and mobile alloy wheel refurbers, there are also people in vans who sort out car trim problems for the trade and retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom