Teenagers Party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
How bad an idea is this? I think, it's really bad, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

We are away sat night. 15 year old step-son has invited a couple of mates for the evening - which has now extended to 6.

Worried about the house, the booze, the pool...

Other half and (step-son, obviously)... think it's fine...

BAD idea. Not unheard of for parties to be posted on facebook and dozens turn up!

Of course, in reality it all depends on how much one trusts one's offspring and their ability to control their friends. The second bit is the tuff one....

Very very bad. Its not your teenager you have to worry about. Its the others. The message will get out and go viral. They will tell a friend who will tell another friend and so on.

I know...but thankfully survived. Three days after the event (unknown to us) our next door neighbour came over with a bag of glass etc that had landed in her garden.

An ambulance was called for a comatose drunk 16 year old...we knew nothing, but did wonder about a few irregularities.

Don't do it. You may not be as lucky as us.

BAD idea. Not unheard of for parties to be posted on facebook and dozens turn up!

Of course, in reality it all depends on how much one trusts one's offspring and their ability to control their friends. The second bit is the tuff one....

As we learnt...trust no one. I am being very serious, your house could get destroyed.

You can only have a party like this when you are there, and everyone knows this. Otherwise it becomes known as a "free" house, open to all comers. Your offspring will NOT be able to control it.

Let him have a bit of fun.
If you put your trust in him and read him the script beforehand, you never know; he might surprise you and be half sensible.

Is he trustworthy in general?

^listen to the above. It can get seriously out of control. Especially if you're not present and drink + whatever is involved. I think by your posting this on here you know this too.

Best case: it all works out and you get some stick for being a pessimist.
Worst case: it all goes wrong and costs a lot of money £'000's and time to sort out.

Its not the known guests who will cause problems but all those you don't know about who turn up uninvited. I bet your other half is only thinking about the 6 people on the list.

One of my friends had a sister who was allowed to have her own party in the house whilst her parents were out. Total disaster. Mother returned home, opened the door to the dining room and found an oik putting bits of bread on the chandelier. He said he was feeding the birds. I was 18 at the time and found it hard to keep a straight face when this was retold to me but the house was badly damaged and the mess took several days to clear up.

***YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED***

And my final piece of advice is PRINT THIS OUT AND SHOW THIS TO YOUR OTHER (BETTER!) HALF

Last edited:
^listen to the above. It can get seriously out of control. Especially if you're not present and drink + whatever is involved. I think by your posting this on here you know this too.

Exactly, do you really want a load of pi**ed up teams running amock in your delightful home?

Whats the worse that could happen?

If you put your trust in him and read him the script beforehand, you never know; he might surprise you and be half sensible.

He might be trustworthy but when faced by serious peer pressure and / or an invasion he has no control. It may all be ok. But if it goes seriously wrong who takes the blame? You.
You have left an underage child in a house to party with alcohol which you know will be present. In this age I hope you have good legal aid.

sweetpea said:

Yes. But I don't know the friends. Not helped as we are at Manchester so not easily returned.

I think this thread has chrystalised my thoughts.

SP, its not about the OP's stepson...its the others who WILL hear about it.

Yes. But I don't know the friends. Not helped as we are at Manchester so not easily returned.

Do you want me to stick my head round the door at midnight?

Ive got a LWB Sprinter and a bag full of tie-wraps if need be...;)

Dozens... I've read stories of thousands of people saying they'll come, hundreds turn up and waste the place.

I doubt you could enjoy whatever it is you'll be doing in Manchester.

If he agrees to a chaperone being present in the house, such as an Uncle, Aunt or some such, then that would be different. The chaperone doesn't need to be seen, just that they know a responsible adult is there.

You could always hire some bouncers

We are at the Take That concert. Obvious chaperone's are either away or sitting our five year old.

Decision made. Now what to do with him!

Last edited:
My very responsible neighbours allowed their teenage kids to have a party. Both are good...but as others have said, the muppets they attracted made it a different story. Noise, disturbing the good willed neighbours, cigarette ends everywhere and drunk yoofs attempting to find their way home. Not in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom