Telegraph on the new E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to really annoy the petrol peeps on here from 2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class review | first drive | CarsGuide

Australia will get a full suite of five models when it goes on sale locally in July: E200 petrol (2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder), E300 petrol (2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder petrol with more power), E400 petrol (3.0-litre twin turbo V6 petrol with all-wheel-drive), E220d (2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder diesel) and E350d (3.0-litre turbo V6 diesel). All are matched to nine-speed automatic transmissions.

:crazy:

It was on the news today that a Government 'Think Tank' have been discussing how to move forward in regard to diesel pollution, one of the suggestions was an £800 surcharge on road tax for new diesel cars and a scrappage scheme to allow people to move over to much cleaner petrols.

These are probably the same diesel cars that many owners of older petrol cars traded for their new cleaner diesels when the last scrappage scheme was in place! :doh:

Mercedes, the height of luxury, available only with a 4 cyl diesel. What a ****in' joke!! Mercedes UK should be ashamed of themselves.

I've driven big cars like the Chrysler 300C in the US and Canada and size isn't remotely an issue.

My local roads are so narrow though that excess width becomes a liability. My 190e was never a problem but even the extra 4 inches of width on a W204 is making life more interesting. I've already touched door mirrors with someone thankfully without significant damage. Many modern cars are not suitable for narrow rural lanes but it doesn't stop people buying them. They are of course the ones coming the other way when I fear for my door mirror.

The other place I'd fear with a wider car are supermarket car parks where the allocated bays weren't designed with today's big cars in mind.

I've got the same issue, it's a shame you cannot get a similar quality interior of the E in something smaller, not a fan of the smaller cars interiors, they just don't feel as classy, lorries coming the other one on small lanes is sometimes an issue for me so I think next time will have to get something smaller, no idea what though, CLA looks nice from the outside but again not a fan of the interior.

Anyone else with similar dilemmas who have found anything smaller but decent?

It was on the news today that a Government 'Think Tank' have been discussing how to move forward in regard to diesel pollution, one of the suggestions was an £800 surcharge on road tax for new diesel cars and a scrappage scheme to allow people to move over to much cleaner petrols.

These are probably the same diesel cars that many owners of older petrol cars traded for their new cleaner diesels when the last scrappage scheme was in place! :doh:

Mercedes, the height of luxury, available only with a 4 cyl diesel. What a ****in' joke!! Mercedes UK should be ashamed of themselves.
I completely agree with you. As I said in another post, MB UK are looking backwards while the rest of the brand is moving forwards. They've closed access to many of the configuration options that make MB a "special" brand, and are now ignoring demand for petrol engines while BMW, Audi, Jaguar et-al are pushing in that direction. I can only assume they have their heads up their corporate ar$es...

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think. :D

Saw this article earlier....

Industry news | Autocar

I think they need to have a serious rethink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom