telephone comand error!!!plz help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merssal

I have s 320 2000 model I have a problem, can u help me out .The car comes with nokia3110 telephone set.The problem that the
telephone showing error at the command screen and the phone is not connected to the command at all it works alone like any mobile set BUT not through the command no receive no send nothing on the screen.please help

Sounds like either a fault in the phone cradle, or a loose connection with the Fiber Optic Ring. Do you have a CD Changer connected to COMAND ... if so - does it work ? If it does, then you can assume its a cradle problem - if not, then the Fibre Optic ring is broken which could be a fault with the phone controller unit.

Either that, or you just have a normal phone kit fitted, and its not the COMAND phone kit !

S.

no cd changer

thank you for replying about the CD changer it is not connected it has been stolen ,so i dont know what could be the fault .thanks

Ah - well if its not connected, that could explain your problem.

If it really is a COMAND phone kit fitted, then the fibre link will have been broken - hence your phone error.

Solution - replace the CD Changer and all should work, or re-route the fibre cable loop to take the CD Changer connection out of it and just connect the phone kit directly.

Fairly easy if you can trace the wiring - you will need to modify the cabling slightly though.

S.

it is the original COMAND phone kit fitted,
The solution from you point of view is

Solution 1- replace the CD Changer! Do u think there is relation B/w the phone and the CD changer wiring and its working state OR i should take out the CD Changer connection and just connect the phone kit directly.Is this what you ment .thanks expert

sym,I forgot to tell you that the thief has torn the optic cable aggressively.

See your other thread re: the optical cable - I need to check the length of the one I have to make sure its 5m. Will let you know.

You could re-connect the phone by playing with the cable at the COMAND end to get it working temporarily - but depends how easily you can remove it to access the back of the dash on the S class.

Probably best to wait until you get a new CD changer, as just replacing that + a new cable should solve all the problems.

S.

Funny that you had your CD changer stolen. I had the same thing happen to me and I noticed it when I put my phone in the cradle and it did not work. Opened the glovebox to find shredded wires and a broken d2B cable. Replaced the Cd changer and it all worked again.

Did not happen at a Airport by any chance?

VBD Thank you,I fixed a new cd changer and the phone is working now 100%.

sym thank you i found the fiberoptic cable along with the cd changer and now everything is great 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom