Telephone for the hard of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnsco

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E280CDI SPORTS ESTATE and C200 KOMPRESSOR SE Coupe Auto (1.8 lit petrol)
My wife's favourite mother is 92 and VERY hard-of-hearing.
She has always struggled with the telephone.
Can any forum members recommend a loud telephone that is simplicity-itself to use.
It really needs to shout at her.
We tried one with a loud-speaking facility, but it's never been very good and now appears to have failed completely.

Any suggestions would be warmly-appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Johnsco + Mrs J.

I remember a sketch on Not the Nine O'clock news that featured a sketch for phones for the hard of hearing.

Have a look at Amplicomms Powertel 700 (Google it). It is recommended by hard of hearing organisations (particularly for people with hearing aids) as it has a boost setting which is useful. I have installed one as I sometimes have difficulty hearing softly spoken people on the phone. It doesn't exactly shout at you, but it's better than an ordinary phone in my experience. Big buttons, three easy speed-dials, and a loudspeaker too Fairly straightforward once set up (a job for you no doubt!) Hope that helps...

Have a look at Amplicomms Powertel 700 (Google it). It is recommended by hard of hearing organisations (particularly for people with hearing aids) as it has a boost setting which is useful. I have installed one as I sometimes have difficulty hearing softly spoken people on the phone. It doesn't exactly shout at you, but it's better than an ordinary phone in my experience. Big buttons, three easy speed-dials, and a loudspeaker too Fairly straightforward once set up (a job for you no doubt!) Hope that helps...

Sounds like this is worth a look at.
Many Thanks.
:)

We bought her the Amplicomms Powertel 700.
At last ... Something that works for her !!.
She is over-the-moon.
:bannana::bannana::bannana:
Many Thanks Mercy1
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom