Telephone Holder Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
As I didn't go for inbuilt phone kit in my new car, I am looking for a bracket/holder for my phone which will hold it within easy reach, attach to dashboard for charging and reception using cable ear piece and microphone, already bought.
Obviously I don't want to drill the dash in any way, just clamp it somewhere convenient.
Any suggestions please.

Phone Motorola V66
Motorola V66.jpg

Dashboard
52.jpg

Brian, I suppose this is not really personal, so please dont be too offended.

:devil: :devil: ARGGGGHHHH. Rant. Rant. ARRRRRGHHHHH:devil: :devil: :devil:

A pet hate of mine is peeps with Expensive cars that settle for a £9.99 in ear personal hands free!

I give you credit for not being an idot and holding your phone whilst driving, but Brian you have a brand new presitge car.
Get a proper hands free kit installed. No drilling, less than MB car phone (I expect), not draping wires, phone held securely and full duplex audio that is the least distracting you can get when using a phone in the car.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
:devil: :devil: ARGGGGHHHH. Rant. Rant. ARRRRRGHHHHH:devil: :devil: :devil:

I give you credit for not being an idot and holding your phone whilst driving, but Brian you have a brand new presitge car.
Get a proper hands free kit installed. No drilling, less than MB car phone (I expect), not draping wires, phone held securely and full duplex audio that is the least distracting you can get when using a phone in the car.

Fair point - But - Do you always want the rest of the car and world listening to your conversation over the 10 Speakers M8.:(

Originally posted by Brian WH
Fair point - But - Do you always want the rest of the car and world listening to your conversation over the 10 Speakers M8.:(

It's a downside isn't it?

One I live with too. I sometimes answer, then make it clear I am on the car phone, if I think the audience is not correct.

Don't want the wife calling when you are taking the office girlies down the pub!

intcentre.jpg

handsfree.jpg

It's a downside isn't it?
Don't want the wife calling when you are taking the office girlies down the pub!

Or vise-versa eh!:devil: :eek: :eek:

I had a kit like yours on a previous MB, but its screwed to the side pannelling is it not?

MB version is £495 + Nokia Phone?
Full kit is £735 with phone in centre console.

It's a Dash Mount Custom bracket which goes between trim and attaches behind.

Could have used OEM console like Vinay if I knew about it at the time. This kit is in my 2nd w202 remember and when removed the old C200 dash looked fine.

t39hf.jpg

Last edited:
On your car, I would mount your 3rd party mobile phone hands free in/on whatever the OEM Mercedes console is.

However, Dash Mount do have the answer.

71202.jpg

It's a Dash Mount Custom bracket which goes between trim and attaches behind.

Could have used OEM console like Vinay if I knew about it at the time.

So where do I get one and/or OEM console?
I prefer to one shown above.

Last edited:
Follow the link to the DashMount website.

They are very reasonably priced. To answer your original question, you could use the dashmount bracket to mount a generic phone cradle for your motorolla. That position would be fairly handy to use in your right ear with a personal handfree earpiece.

Say vehicle handsfree in most mobile phone shops and the poor lad or ladess wont have a clue. Visit Motorola website perhaps for details of full car kits and of course your friendly MB parts man should help with the rest.

EDIT: All that said - I don't think Motorolla actually do a hardwired car kit for the V66!

Last edited:
I fitted a OEM MB console with a aftermarket full duplex kit, you even wire up a handset in the back ;)

take a look: LINK

I can vouch for Graham. I bought a bracket from Dashmount for £20.

I opened it when it arrived and first thought "£20 for a chunk of metal?" but then realised that all you need to do is pop the front panel off from around the headunit etc and it slides it between that and the car and is very tight fitting.

It works a treat and you don't have to make any holes.

I know it's probably a bit late now, but i would highly recommend the £400 for the MB installed option.

You can control via the steering wheel, answer on loud speaker, then if you decide it's personal, just lift up the armrest and pick up the phone cradle and you can talk in private. Switch off the engine, and the phone and steering wheel stay powered until your call has ended.

They can be retrofitted, but it's more work. To retrofit it to my ML would cost about £300 and half a days work as an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom