Telephone Pre-wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazurkhan

Car
W211 E270 CDI
Hi,
My E-class has not got any telephone pre-wiring.It has command APS 50.The dealer in Worcester says that prewiring can be done only in the factory.They offer me hands free which i cannot operate with multifuction steering wheel.Does anyone know any place who can do telephone wiring integrated with the system.
Thanks in advace
Baz

bazurkhan said:
Hi,
My E-class has not got any telephone pre-wiring.It has command APS 50.The dealer in Worcester says that prewiring can be done only in the factory.They offer me hands free which i cannot operate with multifuction steering wheel.Does anyone know any place who can do telephone wiring integrated with the system.
Thanks in advace
Baz

That is the kind of dealer that also tell people to take their cars back Germany for an oil change and tyre pressure adjustment.

You can get an integrated solution from MBENZNL www.mbenznl.com

Its not that hard if you know how to work on the cars.

Hi Baz,

I have got the same problem. I just have bought E240. Called to MB Harrow. They told me if I can not see <blablabla> connector in the compartment between seats when hands-free wiring will take around 3,000.

I am bit confused. I dont want to put any dodgy bluetooth chinese systems in my car and want to use dialpad and multiunctional steering wheel.

Have you found any solution for the problem ?

BTW - how does this connector in compartment should looks like ? May be I was looking in wrong place ?

Cheers.

I think It is Under the Centre console (towards the back) - my car is a w211 and it has Prewiring - I just had to add the cradle

I own a brand new E280CDI and brand new Palm Treo 650. My E-class is NOT wired for Bluetooth, nor does it have the COMMAND interface, but it is hands-free pre-wired in the centre console.

Is there any way at all that I can get my Treo to interface with the car's phone system (i.e. to be able to use the numeric keypad on the dash, answer the phone with the steering wheel, use the built in mic and car's speaker system and above all, silence the CD-player when the phone rings)???

Better yet, can I do it with the Treo's Bluetooth capability, even if that means installing a third-party bluetooth radio in the Merc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tony Martin, Gibraltar

yes built into RVM

which means - rear view mirror

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom