telephone upgrade for 6310 in merc sl55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sam

hi,
i have just purchased a 2003 merc sl55 which i belive has a 6310 car kit, i have been to my dealer to get a car kit for a 6230 but have been told that it cannot be changed on the 03 model due to software etc. does anyone know of an after market kit or cradle conversion that will work a 6230. i have tried a nokia converter but it does not fit in the merc cradle. or is there another phone i can purchase that is smaller than the 6310 but that will work in the cradle???
regards
sam :confused:

The 7110 will fit but its bulkier, you having problems sourcing a 6310 or just want a newer phone ?

hi
yes i have a 6230 which is smaller, the 6310 is just a bit dated and a bit bulky.
i cant belive merc cant change the cradle, seems crazy. a guy in the garage said he thought you could get a converter but i have not found one that fits the mercedes 6310 cradle. any ideas?

sam said:
hi
yes i have a 6230 which is smaller, the 6310 is just a bit dated and a bit bulky.
i cant belive merc cant change the cradle, seems crazy. a guy in the garage said he thought you could get a converter but i have not found one that fits the mercedes 6310 cradle. any ideas?

your only upgrade path would be to a UHI solution , which would involve a new phone brain and new cradle / wiring.

be sitting down when you get quotes for it.

contact braybrooks , they are a 3rd party that do mb oem retrofits.
http://www.braybrooks.co.uk/

I agree with fuzzer & braybrooks are the boys - if they cant do it , it cant be done.

There is a reason why there is large market for second hand Nokia 6310's.

Unless you go for the UHI upgrade path (expensive) you, along with many others, are effectively stuffed. Really not good enough as I was assured when I purchased my car (pre UHI) that phone upgrades could be dealt with buy nothing more than a cradle change.

Grrrr!

I take it UHI phones only work with M.O.S.T where as the pre-UHI are D2b hence the problem.

I noticed that on the US site there is a guy working on 'mikebox' which is going to trick the PSE into thinking there is a 'matching phone' in the cradle when in fact it could be something else.

Although this is being done to solve the MB US fixed motorola phones it could have potential.

http://www.mikbox.com/

from memory the sl is most

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom