telephony in command aps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2mb

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 CDI 2008, E220d 2019
Hi guys again,

As i am getting familiar with the new car (e-class 2007) and its Command APS (dvd disk nav in the trunk - I suppose it's ntg1) I wonder how easy it is to get some [or any] phone functionality out of it.

I think im sure it has no phone (it says so when i press the buttons) but I am not absolutely sure what this means. Can i connect a phone? Well I know I can but I need to know the minimum phone equipment/connectivity, or lack of it, a command aps was supplied with, back then.

There is no cradle, no indication in the menus, no bluetooth, although there is an addressbook (no info in it) hidden somewhere in the settings.

What are the options? Cradle for a specific model phone OR bluetooth adapter. Are those routes diferrent and how?

I this stage i don't need details - just the basics! ( I searched the forum and links but really i need info to understand where to start!)

thanks
m.

You need phone pre-wire to use the telephone via Comand. If you have it you would have the UHI connector. You would need to buy a bluetooth adapter or phone cradle to plug into the UHI connector.

See UHI section: Choosing Bluetooth Cradle for European Mercedes Vehicles

Range of adapters / cradles: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Cradles & Bluetooth Adapters

If you dont have phone pre-wire you can install it but it isnt cheap.

Or you could install an aftermarket kit that works like the factory pre-wire e.g. mCar or Fiscon Pro. These wont require a bluetooth adapter / cradle.

Both the above options can be found on: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits

Been covered on here plenty of times before.

If you have the phone pre-wire option and the UHI connector, you'll find the connector in the top section of the centre console, perhaps under a black semicircular plastic cover.

I've installed the Viseeo MB-2 in mine, which works well.

Much oblidged.

I knew the command was not phone equiped.

Doesnt matter really.:)

It plays DVDs very well though!

m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom