Television (Malcolm Watford)

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Televsion is a prolific poster on the other side and many other MB Fora. So, sadly, from the other side I quote :

"This is sad news for many of you, some of you already know.
Malcolm has been told his tumour has grown and he has maybe 2 months to live.

His family want to hold a barbecue at his house for people to come and see him while he still has the ability to enjoy their company.

This is from the family:
Malcolm is throwing a party from 11 am to 7pm on Saturday 5th August – may go on later … Looking at all day barbecue style, come casual as you are ….

Need help in stretching out an open invite for anyone that would wish see Malcolm whilst his core brain functions are intact… If you know of anyone to include then please inform them, some kind of numbers count to plan food and drink would be useful. So please try communicate numbers back, there are local shops so last minute surprises can be accommodated for…

Please if you are interested in seeing Malcolm before he is taken away from us put your names below:
1. LostKiwi & Rose
2. Arudge

Apologies to be the bearer of such sad tidings."

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
Very sad news.

Many years ago Malcolm helped me out a few times, and whilst our paths haven't crossed for some time (since he stopped posting here) I remember a man who goes out of his way to help anyone and everyone he can, and as such has made a real difference to more people than most in this world.

If you're reading this Malcolm, thank you, and enjoy your BBQ.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes E350 Estate Night Edition
I have never met Malcolm but of course have read many of his posts.

This is such sad news, my thoughts will be with him and his family.

There are a few who know him personally, you are lucky people, please try to convey to him the high regard he is held in the forums.

God bless.

Robin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Codger49

MB Enthusiast
Car
W209 CLK500, W168 A190; E46 325i; SPA2 XC60
^^^ Very well put and reflects my sentiments exactly.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
I consider Malcolm as a friend, having met him many times over the years, though this comes as a bit of a blow to be honest, albeit not unexpected unfortunately.

Many thanks to Renault for making it known, as it should be, and also to Roger (AMGeed) for texting me earlier. I will try my best to get down to Daventry for his "swansong"

Nothing else to say on the matter really.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I consider Malcolm as a friend, having met him many times over the years, though this comes as a bit of a blow to be honest, albeit not unexpected unfortunately.

Many thanks to Renault for making it known, as it should be, and also to Roger (AMGeed) for texting me earlier. I will try my best to get down to Daventry for his "swansong"

Nothing else to say on the matter really.
See you there Dave - the first person to help me with a problem on my first Merc was Malc - a proper good guy and always worth a chat to at various GTG's.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
A200 Sports Coupé C169 & smart EQ fortwo 2020 Prime Exclusive
Very sad news indeed. Malcolm has become a good friend, and I visited him many times both at his home, and during the time(s) he was hospitalised (he's being discharged today).

To whomever is coming for his last meet - I'll see you there.

David

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
Very sad news, known Malcolm for many years, met him on numerous occasions, first time at the Haines gtg back in 2007. We didn't always see eye to eye but I respected the man and his knowledge and boundless enthusiasm to help others.

My thoughts are with him and his family ..

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
Very sad news indeed, I remember in the very early days when I was considering buying an SL, Malcolm was very helpful and informative.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
CLS63 AMG
Met him a couple of times at Jay's GTG - very nice chap and has been very helpful.

Very Sad news :(

Pontoneer

MB Club Veteran
Car
'99 S320 W140
Very sorry to hear this .

Although we never met , like most others we corresponded a fair few times .

I discovered another connection in that we both worked in the Hi-Fi industry in the 1970's and 80's .

If I can manage along I will try to get there , will confirm nearer the time .

CCAALLVVIINN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL 350cdi, W126 300SE, Land Rover 109 2.6
That's a shame , a veritable encyclopaedia of knowledge and ever so happy to share it in order to help others

markmifsud

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK320 CAB (A208) 02
I have met Malcolm many times and class him as a friend, unfortunately we have lost contact since I stopped visiting MBO(the other side) I really wish I could be there to see him while he is still strong but I will be out of the country. Can someone who is going please convey my appreciation for all he has done for me over the years, a truly lovely man (even though he did tend to rub some the wrong way)

lostkiwi

Car
500sl
If anyone want to attend this BBQ they will be most welcome.

I don't post much on here and have known Malcolm only a fairly short time but I have been helping him all through his illness and can provide further information if anyone is interested.

The BBQ will be at his house in Daventry and is being organised by his family.
The are postcode is NN11 6** - if you would like to attend please PM me for the full address.
The hotels nearby if anyone should require them are:
(In order of cost)
Days Inn Watford Gap (around 6 miles)
Premier Inn Harpole (around 8 miles)
Mercure Daventry Hotel and Spa (<2 miles)
Staverton de Vere Hotel (<2 miles)
Fawsley Hall (<5miles)

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts - they will be passed on to him and his family.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
He always had a wise word for me even for deck paint. However it doesn't seem right to me that the OP raises this thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom